Fender twin replacement panel

damodaidamodai Frets: 38

I've done a google and ended upmore confused than ever (if that's even possible)

I've got a  1992 fender twin  and somewhere along the way its lost its back panel ( covering the valves and stuff)  

Where would I be able to get a replacement ?

thanks 

Damian   

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Heh mine has long gone too. The original bit of wood was super thin. 
    Mine has been off the amp for over 10 years now, its never been an issue for me. 

Could you just not use a bit of pine or something?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    They aren't terribly sturdy to start with.  If you have to have one try Mark at http://afcustomcabinets.weebly.com/index.html.  The man is an artist and it should cost relatively pennies.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74500
    A '92 'The Twin' should have a thicker (I think particle-board, although it might be ply) panel than the traditional BF/SF/reissue ones which are 'Masonite' (hardboard), so it might be hard to get the right one.

You could ask someone like Zilla cabs to make one if you want a good match, it's just a plain piece of ply with tolex on it - all you would need to give them is the overall length and an accurate measurement of the screw hole spacing.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• damodaidamodai Frets: 38
    Heh mine has long gone too. The original bit of wood was super thin. 
    Mine has been off the amp for over 10 years now, its never been an issue for me. 

Could you just not use a bit of pine or something?
    I'd have to cut the pine but they don't allow me to use sharp stuff :)   

Worst case scenario me and a saw !  

• damodaidamodai Frets: 38
    @RichardJ and @ICBM  

thank you for the recommendations much appreciated.

• ICBM said:
    A '92 'The Twin' should have a thicker (I think particle-board, although it might be ply) panel than the traditional BF/SF/reissue ones which are 'Masonite' (hardboard), so it might be hard to get the right one.

You could ask someone like Zilla cabs to make one if you want a good match, it's just a plain piece of ply with tolex on it - all you would need to give them is the overall length and an accurate measurement of the screw hole spacing.
    I think you are right there... it was long ago mine broke but I do seem to recall it being thicker than the card like tolex coated crap that seems to be on a lot of the other twin range
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.