Belated new guitar(s) day!

What's Hot
I've managed to amass a few of Graham's guitars over the last couple of years (became a thing during covid!) and thought I would get around to sharing them, to show how they all turned out.  I can't claim to have the skills of many people on the forum who can put these things together themselves, hence mine have all been put together and sprayed by someone who knows what they are doing! (another reason why getting the final versions took so long) Thanks to @lamf68 ;(Rich) for the paint jobs - all top notch.  

First up is a thin line Les Paul type - got a set of Bulldog Cool PAFs in these - and I have to say I think these are my fav pickups - truly awesome guitar - and easily the equal of any LP ive played.

Second up was a bit of an accident - ended up buying a neck that didnt fit my tele body - so I went back to Graham for the body - Used this one in the studio ALOT - another awesome sounding guitar - this time with an oil city honky tonk angel and Winterizer in the neck.

Last up the LP/Tele cross - oil city Nightwatch in the neck (lovely) and the liquidator in the bridge (not so keen on this one, may go for an all P90 Combo down the line

They all play like butter and sound great - it is an addition, but an enjoyable one for sure :)

0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14612
    oil city Nightwatch in the neck (lovely) and the liquidator in the bridge (not so keen on this one, may go for an all P90 Combo down the line
    Consider the OCP Kaman and Alligator replacement pickups for Telecaster.  :)

I was enjoying this Discussion right up until you had to mention butter. Ach y fi!
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23274
    I was enjoying this Discussion right up until you had to mention butter. Ach y fi!
    Not a fan of that yellow saturated fatty substance, or is it only when it's used as an analogy for guitar playability?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23274
    All very nice guitars, by the way! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2354
    tFB Trader
    Well, they certainly turned out very nice. It's always very pleasing for me to see my guitars finished and looking so good.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• Catalyst77Catalyst77 Frets: 69
    edited December 2023
    Philly_Q said:
    Not a fan of that yellow saturated fatty substance, or is it only when it's used as an analogy for guitar playability?
    Ah - noted for next time! That’s how the luthier explained how it played to me when he finished setting it up and I picked it up.  I guess i'll take that one on the chin and avoid the fatty substance references you could say it has a lovely low action and plays really well with the right amount of tension and feel!
  • Catalyst77Catalyst77 Frets: 69
    edited December 2023
    And here's the big brother - another one from Graham  a full fat Les Paul with a pretty chunky neck, and a set of Bull Dog PAFs in - sounds epic plays great. Def an upgrade on my Greco.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4769
    And here's the big brother - another one from Graham  a full fat Les Paul with a pretty chunky neck, and a set of Bull Dog PAFs in - sounds epic plays great. Def an upgrade on my Greco.

Is that full fat butter?  =)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • bluecatbluecat Frets: 585
    Who started this plays like butter thing?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14612
    Some old anchor.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bluecat said:
    How, exactly, does a guitar play, if it plays like butter? Does the neck melt in your hand, whereupon the string tension impales the headstock in your skull?

• Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1990
    Those are some lovely finishes. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• bluecat said:
    marlon brando 
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • one could argue that although less tasty playing like margarine would be superior as its softer at room temperature?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10835
    tFB Trader
    bluecat said:

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message