SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - WezV Duosonic/Musicmaster clone

What's Hot

Built by WezV on the forum and it came to me from TheMarlin.. and (I think) Dazzajl.

I know Paul had the main work done on it but I’m uber fussy and had it in to my tech’ for some extra love.  It weighs nothing, is very, very playable and the foil pickup has the clarity of a single coil but with some attitude and it gets gritty when you dig in.

It's great, but the simplicity of a single pickup has made me dig out my Junior again and it's been with me for years so last in etc.

• Recent full setup with frets levelled, crowned and polished
  • Setup with 11s but they feel lighter due to the 24” Scale
  • The neck is full (not fat but not skinny) 42.5mm nut. 23mm deep at 1st fret, an inch at 12th
  • Quarter sawn Douglas Fir and rock maple neck
  • Sycamore body with a hand etched/engraved metal pickguard
  • Mojo Filterfoil pickup
  • Single volume control
  • Low action, easy to pick up and hard to put down. 
  • Nitro Candy Apple Red aniline over Goldtop (red is starting to fade and will continue)
  • Lightly reliced
  • Under 7lb weight

Original FS thread here with pics (that I can never work out how to post): 

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/240726/fs-unfinished-projects-iceman-duo-sonicish-sold#latest

£300

Once I can work out how to add pics easily, I'm having a clearout. 
'There are plenty more guitars in the sea'
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6071
    Here are some pics from my curatorship. It’s a really lovely little guitar, quite like an old two seater rag top car. Not the fastest, flashiest or most expensive one out there but it will put a smile on your face every time you use it. Does light and jangly through to snap and snarl beautifully. 

Also, Andy is an absolute top gent to deal with. 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Thank you.  :)
  • dazzajl said:
    Here are some pics from my curatorship. It’s a really lovely little guitar, quite like an old two seater rag top car. Not the fastest, flashiest or most expensive one out there but it will put a smile on your face every time you use it. Does light and jangly through to snap and snarl beautifully. 

Also, Andy is an absolute top gent to deal with. 
    Thanks for the fab pics, I got guitar envy...  until I realised it was mine!  :)
    You summed it up far better than I did - yes, it does actually put a smile on your face.
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1331
    PM incoming…
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    Dibs claimed!
  • Sold to the very gentlemanly JayGee.  Glad to let another forum member enjoy it for a while.
    Transaction complete, guitar arrived intact, on the basis of a brief twiddle I am very, very, very happy… :-)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom