Ibanez QX52 headless guitar with slanted frets

I bought this guitar about a year ago. It wasn't my first headless instrument. My first was from EART. It had what is probably the best 'ordinary' fretboard of any guitar I've owned and that's quite a lot including some big names. The problem was the machine heads which were all but impossible to tune. 

Next I had one from Gear4music which had a better tuning machine unit and was nicely finished but had such poor quality pickups and no tone control at all, I quickly moved that on too. 

Nonetheless I was hooked on headless but couldn't afford one of the ridiculously priced Swedish models most of which have fan frets which is beyond my style of playing.

I finally settled on the Ibanez QX52. It's beautifully made with a really durable satin black finish (I gig with it regularly) and has a good quality gig bag as well. The twin humbuckers are superb, made even better by the extraordinary circuitry that gives me 10 tone ranges, The neck is a dream to play, very fast, and the balance is superb.

Best of all are the slanted frets. If like me you were taught to play in a classical position ie angled upward towards my left shoulder (not in the horizontal penis-extension position favoured by many rock players), the slanted frets are actually easier to play than a conventional fretboard. When you need to look at the fretboard the frets in the first seven positions are pretty well in line with your eye. And there's no difficulty playing the fretboard either. Your fingers fall into the correct positions within five minutes of playing.

I would gladly buy other guitars with this fretboard layout. Sadly this was the only guitar Ibanez offers with such a fretboard and in fact it has already dropped both the slanted and straight models of this guitar from its range. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom