Some things from the 70s are unforgettable

What's Hot
stufisherstufisher Frets: 851
Just stumbled upon this:

I can't believe she is 78 yo ... some things from the 70s are unforgettable.

Any others?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7349
    edited November 2023
    There seems to be an issue with the video @stufisher
  • Thanks Bill ... I have no idea why ... now I can't find the YT source vid. It might have been delisted.

Ho hum! Onwards and upwards ... scuppered by tech once again.
    The YouTube "owner" may have posted the video thinking it was "private" to share with friends only, then realised there was some activity and made it private.  Perhaps we can help find the video somewhere.  A 78 year old woman you say.  Was she a guitarist shredding Eruption, or a martial arts exponent doing a Kata to Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting, or a fantastically nimble skateboarder, or an energetic dancer doing the YMCA?  This is very unfair.  The suspense is killing me, and you describing it would not be nearly as good as watching a video.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m guessing it’s early Blondie as Debbie Harry is now 78.  I know as I was infatuated with her in those days and her being old now reminds me of how bloody old I am !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Yep! Spot on with your assumptions @DrCornelius ... I know there are loads of short vids out there of DH and Blondie but this particular one I hadn't seen and I felt compelled to share with folks if a certain age.

I'll keep a look out for it it may resurface with a bit of luck :+1: 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Debbie Harry ....Mmmmnnnnn. The happy days of high school!
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5499
    ^ never thought anything much of Blondie until, by chance, I went to a festival to see a number of bands I liked (can't even remember who they were now) and Blondie came on last. She was fucking awesome! Great band too. 

OK, OK, I was very pissed by then and lord only knows what other chemicals were going around, but drunk or sober I can tell a class act when I see one. Straight out of the top drawer.
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    edited November 2023
    axisus said:
    When I was young, 10 years old or thereabouts, I thought Debbie Harry was French, based on nothing more than I thought she looked French. I think it was something to do with the exotic aura she exuded.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6711
    Kilgore said:
    axisus said:
    When I was young, 10 years old or thereabouts, I thought Debbie Harry was French, based on nothing more than I thought she looked French. I think it was something to do with the exotic aura she exuded.
    Clearly, she is French. 

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Kilgore said:
    axisus said:
    She did occasionally sing a few lines in French which may have confused things (Denis Denis for example )
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18881
    She's a Fender fan  ;)

Debbie Harry New York City 1978 by Allan Tannenbaum  Vintage News Daily
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Kilgore said:
    axisus said:
    She did occasionally sing a few lines in French which may have confused things (Denis Denis for example )
    Yes, agree about Denis, Denis but there was still some sort of Gallic earthiness* about her.

* Not sure what Gallic earthiness is, but she had it in spades.  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I believe she also kissed (maybe still does) fluently in French.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18881
    Kilgore said:
    Kilgore said:
    axisus said:
    Yes, agree about Denis, Denis but there was still some sort of Gallic earthiness* about her.

* Not sure what Gallic earthiness is, but she had it in spades.  :)
    Yeah man, I like, dig.
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3724
    BillDL said:
    I believe she also kissed (maybe still does) fluently in French.
    “Only available in certain countries” :lol: 
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 375
    A Blondie thing from past that I remember is Parallel Lines being among the first ten albums I bought.

I remember Debbie and Chris Stein featuring on the second Gun Club album in 1982 although Fire Of Love will always be my fave.

Debbie was hot back in the day though.

• The clip in the OP appeared again:

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Something prevents the link from bring activated when pasted ... beyond my understanding :anguished: 
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5499
    edited November 2023
    I just tried it too. Doesn't work. I think You-tube shorts bugger up the site software. See if you can find a proper You-tube clip instead of the telephone one.