From a Jack to a King?

You don't have to spend a fortune!  I was recently offered a couple of "broken" guitars, so had a quick look.  Both were "budget" models (long since disappeared off the market) but looked like they could keep my ageing fingers employed for a bit.  After a quick recce' I found that they had never been set up, so set about tweaking the adjustments (even with 20 year old bits and pieces on board).  One of them needed a solder joint and miraculously "worked"!  The tuners were horrible, the bridge/tremelo was like wading through treacle, so they had to go.  Bits ordered and I set about repairing the dodgy bits of paint, scratches and dents, a full strip down to component parts, laquer stripped off the neck (truss rod adjusted on rebuild) waxed and slowly rebuilt with new, better quality bits.  It's a shame that they didn't just spend a few bob more when they were made because the new bits have transformed it.  New tuners (had to drill the holes out to 10mm), roller string trees, bridge and trem and Frankenstein (or Bitsocaster) lives again!  A good polish after settling and final tuning and she's/he's good to play!  Pics to follow.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments