Tone king ironman mini - how's the line out?

mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1085
Fellow amp nerds.

I'm using a few amps, but mainly the carr rambler.

I'm looking for an awesome attenuator that is capable in the home studio as well as out at gigs.

I'm kinda torn between the tone king and captor x.

I feel like with the captor x, I'd be paying for a lot of bells and whistles, when what I really want is the best attenuation.

How's the line out on the mini iron man?

Does it include an analog mic/cabinet sim like it's big brother?

Anyone had both?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• allenallen Frets: 774
    I've got the mini. The line out is muddy. I'm usually sceptical about comments in forums (irony) and had seen other people say this. Then I tried mine and it was noticeably muffled.

When I needed a good recording signal from a traditional amp I have used the mini as follows with the Two Notes CabM

Amp speaker out -> cabm -> ironman

With that setup and the ironman on max attenuation there is no need for a speaker so you can record silently (or not, up to you).

It's a shame that the cabm doesn't have usb audio out so you need an interface on top if you're recording.

As an attenuator it seems that most people think the ironman is way better than the captor x.
  • Fellow amp nerds.

I'm using a few amps, but mainly the carr rambler.

I'm looking for an awesome attenuator that is capable in the home studio as well as out at gigs.

I'm kinda torn between the tone king and captor x.

I feel like with the captor x, I'd be paying for a lot of bells and whistles, when what I really want is the best attenuation.

How's the line out on the mini iron man?

Does it include an analog mic/cabinet sim like it's big brother?

Anyone had both?

Hi @mburekenge,

Amy from Two notes here! Let me know if you have any questions on Captor X! Alternatively, we do the Captor which may be more suitable for your needs if you just require attenuation - https://www.two-notes.com/en/torpedo-series/torpedo-captor/