SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

On hold as may sell my Modern Eagle 5 instead !- PRS DGT nitro 10 top

What's Hot
DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7450
edited December 2023 in Guitars £
** update 15-12-23 **

DGT back up for sale (£2300 and can post)

A gorgeous 2009 Nitro finished 10 top DGT bought on here a few months back from the lovely @dpc1975 ;;
Comes with the original PRS case and some candy and weighs in a 8lb dead on my kitchen scales (about 10 times that when in the case)

A couple of tiny dings that you’ll have to look hard to find but other than that it’s in brilliant condition - the top in particular looks amazing in the flesh 

I bought @chris78 ’s ME Quattro shortly after this one and the low output pickups really suit my ears so the DGT isn’t getting much action and that’s money that can be used for something sensible ….

Sold - PRS Brent Mason in translucent ivory - £1650 - now £1550 !

As the very wise Dominic says below , these are a bit of a sleeper . To me they are the best bits of a silver sky on a more substantial feeling guitar with a nice big neck and switchable humbucker options too. A couple of minor marks on the top edge of the body but other than that its in great nick.

Comes with the original case and some PRS candy too.

I guess to sum up the differences between the two - the DGT is for Gibson players who want a foot in the fender camp and the Brent Mason is the opposite (if that makes sense)

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16412
    I've got the identical Brent Mason but with Rosewood neck
    It's an incredible guitar ......a DGT crossed with a Silver Skye and more useable than either of them
    No vol drop when switching the humbuckers to single coil and as properly stratty sounding as any strat (unlike DGT )
    The pickups themselves are the best PRS has ever made
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve already got an antique white / maple Brent Mason and even then it’s a real struggle not to pick up another! What’s the weight, out of interest? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve already got an antique white / maple Brent Mason and even then it’s a real struggle not to pick up another! What’s the weight, out of interest? 
    I’ll get the scales out tomorrow and update the thread . It’s not a lightweight Strat - I’d guess a similar weight to the DGT which puts it around 8lb
  • Sevenof9Sevenof9 Frets: 192
    I would heartily concur with @Dominic, the Brent Mason Is a brilliant guitar and possibly a bit underrated, I can understand why you might have gravitated towards the CU24 Con, It’s the classic PRS formula.
    But it can’t of been an easy decision to make and certainly at the attractive price somebody is going to be really happy with the BM….
  • Sevenof9 said:
    I would heartily concur with @Dominic, the Brent Mason Is a brilliant guitar and possibly a bit underrated, I can understand why you might have gravitated towards the CU24 Con, It’s the classic PRS formula.
    But it can’t of been an easy decision to make and certainly at the attractive price somebody is going to be really happy with the BM….
    Thanks Martin (and Dominic), its a tough time to sell but if anyone is after a do it all guitar then these are both worth considering
  • Mr Mason on hold , DGT still available 
  • don't suppose you would entertain a trade for the dgt? I am looking to shift my evh wolfgang stealth usa model. I am sure it won't be anything you are interested in but have to ask as I really want a dgt in my life.
  • Evening Durka 

Sorry mate I need cash right now - appreciate the offer though as they are lovely guitars 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7450
    edited November 2023
    Withdrawn for now - I’ve been tempted by a few trade deals on here due to ridiculous amounts of boredom induced GAS and so many nice guitars being available.

I really need to sell these to get some money in but it feels like most of us on here are in the same boat. I’m going to pull them and try and steer clear of the classifieds for a while before I get myself in more trouble !

Apologies 

• PM'd
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • Brent Mason back up for grabs with a nice price drop ! £1550 to you fine folks
    You know the Brent Masons are all Korina under the paint
  • Dominic said:
    I didn't know that old chap !    You should really have written the for sale post for me tbh

You can do the text and @dazzajl can do the photos - it'll be sold before the day is out :-)
  • That is lovely good luck @DrCornelius ;
    Dominic said:
    I didn't know that old chap !    You should really have written the for sale post for me tbh

You can do the text and @dazzajl can do the photos - it'll be sold before the day is out :-)
    Ah yes ,but my commission is substantial to say the least
    I want to support your ad because I have one and they're fucking brilliant guitars
  • A couple of people have asked the weight - it’s a fairly chunky beast but if it is indeed Korina it explains why it’s not actually that heavy 

• Brent Mason on hold for a Fretboarder 
  • .... if it is indeed Korina it explains why it’s not actually that heavy 
    They were definitely all Korina and somebody is getting a real gem.  I can't imagine being without mine, even when it goes a few months without being played.  For me, its the most workable guitar that PRS ever made.
    'There are plenty more guitars in the sea'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • .... if it is indeed Korina it explains why it’s not actually that heavy 
    They were definitely all Korina and somebody is getting a real gem.  I can't imagine being without mine, even when it goes a few months without being played.  For me, it’s the most workable guitar that PRS ever made.
    Cheers Andy , reading all these positive comments is giving me Brent Mason GAS -  I’ll probably go and buy another one next week !
    Yes,somebody will be very pleased with that.......IMO a far more versatile and convincing guitar than the DGT