Reverb Feedback Problem.

What's Hot
koss59koss59 Frets: 863
Hi, 
Has anyone had an amp suffer from uncontrollable feedback on the verb?
I was hoping it was just going to be a valve but changing hasn’t got rid of the microphonic tendency of the reverb when tapping v3 and v4 I’m getting a clicking noise when tapping. 

Amp is a Handwired Deluxe Reverb
Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3215
    tFB Trader
    The tank is hearing itself…you can confirm that it is indeed the issue by temporarily relocating the tank outside of the cab and seeing if the feedback disappears.

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• koss59koss59 Frets: 863
    RiftAmps said:
    The tank is hearing itself…you can confirm that it is indeed the issue by temporarily relocating the tank outside of the cab and seeing if the feedback disappears.

Thanks for this. Is the cure to mount it on some bigger grommets if it goes away when taking it out?
    It had lived in a van for a month recently being subjected to UK potholes and speed bumps.
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3215
    tFB Trader
    koss59 said:
    RiftAmps said:

Thanks for this. Is the cure to mount it on some bigger grommets if it goes away when taking it out?
    It had lived in a van for a month recently being subjected to UK potholes and speed bumps.
    Ideally, you want the tank on grommets, sitting on a cardboard base, inside a tank bag and loosely strapped to the cabinet. The orientation of the tank is important (connectors facing towards the front of the amplifier) and the tank itself is positioned so the speaker's magnetic field doesn't pull on the springs, causing an oscillation.

It's a balancing act.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 863
    Thanks @RiftAmps ill have a play.
    I still think something else could be up as when v4 is tapped it’s making a strange sound even with a new replacement.