High Wycombe Gearfest!! 18th November at Weststar Studios

What's Hot

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7802
    edited November 2023
    Neilybob said:
    TheMarlin said:
    Amps, I’ll bring my Rift Americana, and my little Danplifier, which has kicked the ass of many a boutique home practice amp. 

I’m hoping @Winny_Pooh will bring the best amp ever made by moral man. The glorious Vyse 5E3.  The amp my Rift was based on. 
    Wow I might be out gunned in the 5e3 steaks here so I'll bring my Ceriatone OTS 20 mini instead. 
    I'd love to hear that OTS.

I'll be bringing the vyse 5e3, Carr Mercury V, Gretsch hot rod, es330, tele 12, maybe a EBMM and lots of pedals.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6817
    Oh yeah I've always wanted to try that Blackstone Mosfet thingy you have, if you still have it? 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8020
    Neilybob said:
    TheMarlin said:
    Amps, I’ll bring my Rift Americana, and my little Danplifier, which has kicked the ass of many a boutique home practice amp. 

I’m hoping @Winny_Pooh will bring the best amp ever made by moral man. The glorious Vyse 5E3.  The amp my Rift was based on. 
    Wow I might be out gunned in the 5e3 steaks here so I'll bring my Ceriatone OTS 20 mini instead. 
    Not outgunned. Maybe just a slightly different flavour of amp.  You might hate the Rift.  I’ll be honest, I’ve not had it turned on for at least three months. 
    Just been crazy busy, and using Nux Mighty Plug Pro more for home noodling

It was designed to be less Hifi clean, and a bit more gruff and angry sounding. 
    The Vyse 5E3 that @Winny_Pooh owns (was mine once) is an angry spitty yelling thing, it wants to bark and snarl, be let off the leash. I love that little amp. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975 said:
    Oh yeah I've always wanted to try that Blackstone Mosfet thingy you have, if you still have it? 
    Deffo bringing it. Been using it with a treble boost to good effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 811
    This is shaping up to be a great day. 

How do we want to manage the wall of sound? Only one rig at a time powered on while another is setting up? 
    soma1975 said:
    There is nothing quite like a treble booster pushing a 5e3. 

What speaker are you running in your 5e3, blue? Do you jumper the channels? 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7802
    edited November 2023
    Neilybob said:
    soma1975 said:
    There is nothing quite like a treble booster pushing a 5e3. 

What speaker are you running in your 5e3, blue? Do you jumper the channels? 
    It's a blue yeah. No need to jumper as it's dark enough as is on the bright channel. I added a neg feedback switch which is great. May mod it further as it could have more high end. Sounds pretty good too with a Spark with the treble up (smoother and brighter than the BMF GB boost).

The Merc V is also great with a treble booster. I have a more aggro blammo! ( also a rangemaster booster) which sounds INSANE pushing the front end. 

Looking forward to hearing these amps in the same room.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Neilybob said:
    Wow so much stuff! Personally I am interested in trying out any hollow/semis and anything with a nice rounded neck profile. Wouldn't mind playing through a 5e3 too.

Most of my stuff consists of partscasters but I try to make them as non-standard as poss. I'll bring along some t-types and an Epi LP.

Here is some of my stuff...

Sounds like a plan. 

For a semi-hollow I'll bring this along with me - https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/237554/ngd-just-in-from-japan-navigator-content ;
    Ooh nice! Your SG Jr looks interesting too! Well, to be honest most of the stuff on here looks great - kid in sweet shop! 
    Saw this and made me lol but it's soooo true! 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2799
    At least the opposite applies to me then :)
    sev112 said:
    Could I borrow £3k?! lol
    Neilybob said:

How do we want to manage the wall of sound? Only one rig at a time powered on while another is setting up? 
    Any other views on how we do things Saturday?!
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2799
    Neilybob said:
    sev112 said:
    Could I borrow £3k?! lol
    I meant that no one is going to be interested in my Korean offerings, but perhaps my Slovakian maybe 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6817
    Neilybob said:
    Neilybob said:

Maybe just take it in turns to be plugged in and talk through the kit and anyone who wants to can play it? No idea really. I don't know the space is it a single room?
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • soma1975 said:
    Neilybob said:
    Neilybob said:

Maybe just take it in turns to be plugged in and talk through the kit and anyone who wants to can play it? No idea really. I don't know the space is it a single room?
    That was going to be my question. How many rooms/areas do we have?
    Be good if we could get a few of us plugged in for some little jams if we get that far. 
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8020
    sev112 said:
    Neilybob said:
    sev112 said:
    Could I borrow £3k?! lol
    I meant that no one is going to be interested in my Korean offerings, but perhaps my Slovakian maybe 
    I’m interested in every guitar. I absolutely don’t believe that the country where a CNC machine is located has an awful lot of bearing on how good a guitar is. 

I’ve got some nice guitar, but my favourite is a Vintage (brand) SG-a-like. 

I’m looking forward to seeing your Korean and Slovakian guitars!!
  • @Neilybob bring your Voodoo Labs microvibe as I'd like to hear what it should sound like. I think my one is fooked.
    @Neilybob bring your Voodoo Labs microvibe as I'd like to hear what it should sound like. I think my one is fooked.
    Will do. The guy I bought it from said he done a mod to it from a Wampler mod book but I know I do love it. 
    TheMarlin said:
    sev112 said:
    Neilybob said:
    sev112 said:
    Could I borrow £3k?! lol
    I’m interested in every guitar. I absolutely don’t believe that the country where a CNC machine is located has an awful lot of bearing on how good a guitar is. 

I’ve got some nice guitar, but my favourite is a Vintage (brand) SG-a-like. 

I’m looking forward to seeing your Korean and Slovakian guitars!!
    Totally agree with TheMarlin that I'm interested in every guitar. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    soma1975 said:
    Neilybob said:
    Neilybob said:

That was going to be my question. How many rooms/areas do we have?
    Be good if we could get a few of us plugged in for some little jams if we get that far. 
    We do only have the one room but let's go with that and see how it goes on the day. 

Message from Keith at the studio - hi Neil.. yes studio 5 is our largest studio plenty of room to setup guitar rigs..cheers Keith 
    24 hours and a 7minutes to go!

Please remember to bring your £15.83 subs in cash. 

That's a blast!