ChatGPT and other options for random lyric creation for song writing practice

What's Hot
When I write I either do both at the same time or write the music and then the lyrics after.

But I am awful at writing music in circumstances where lyrics exist already, usually written by someone else.
So I want to do some practice.

I don't want to use lyrics that I already know so I'm thinking about using an AI to generate them as they'll be completely new and could be about anything.

What AI would be a good choice for this? Is it possible to set some parameters such as how many lines in a verse, or whether they should rhyme or not?

Any ideas?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I don't know how good the lyrics will be (suspect bad) but Im' certain ChatGPT would be able to generate content in whatever form you want - rhyming or not, number of line, syllables,  etc

It won't be perfect but you just hgave a convesation with it and it'll try and fix whatever isn't right the first time
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17630
    tFB Trader
    I've tried Chat GPT 4 for lyrics and they were terrible.

I'd be interested if you find a good solution.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24337
    I don't mind if the lyrics are bad - won't be any different to most of the Top40!
  • They're just not useful - often they'll be completely coherent but a bit clever-clever and totally focused on one idea you throw at it. Also, whatever it says, it doesn't understand scansion, so everything is in the same metre and verse length. Scarily like a real person in that you give it specific instructions and it just does whatever the fuck it wants. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • And it doesn't get conceptual progression, it just goes round in circles. I tried it, too (obviously) and I learned a lot about the weaknesses of AI from it. 

(It's very good at automatically translating different languages, though, strangely)

• sweavesweave Frets: 65
    Chatgpt 3.5 (the free one) can do decent enough lyrics but the key is to give it loads of instructions re topics, style, etc
  • Why not just use lyrics from songs/bands that you don't already know? I'm sure that if you mentioned band/genres you're not familiar with on, say, a music forum then you'd get a ton of suggestions