Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Finally found an OD that sounds good with my 5e3

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2659
    tFB Trader
    dazzajl said:
    I don’t really understand this thread. It’s a 5e3… you plug in the nearest guitar you see and turn everything up till the gloriousness starts, right?? 

What is this ‘diluting’ the experience stuff all about?? ;)
    That sounded great with single coils but with Humbuckers (even Filtertrons) the amp had too much bass and lower mids even on the bright channel and tone full up. The KOC means I can get the amp to edge of breakup and add gain without it turning to sludge 

Tbf I’m talking here about my Weinbrock which although 5e3 flavoured is a bit different 
    The 5E3 cab shelves off bass, This circuit plugged into another cab can be a bit bassy

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I find my Lazy J20s work well with pretty much every overdrive I’ve tried with them. 
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I find my Lazy J20s work well with pretty much every overdrive I’ve tried with them. 
    Yep I’d agree with that - not sure of the technical reason though
  • Think I mentioned this in another thread, the favourite with my Me3 is a TC Sparkboost, my original Guvnor or Bad Monkey never came close to what I wanted to achieve, good luck in your quest.
  • Think I mentioned this in another thread, the favourite with my Me3 is a TC Sparkboost, my original Guvnor or Bad Monkey never came close to what I wanted to achieve, good luck in your quest.
    I tried mine a few days ago. Great with the treble boosted and bass cut. 
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2464
    This belatedly occurred to me - given that there’s not just one overdrive sound in the world, the number of solutions to this could be quite large!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I use a king of tone. I find it sounds best with the volume up past 12 o'clock and the gain about 3/4 o'clock.

Also use a sunlion with the gain full up and volume on the guitar rolled back to about 6/7/8. The Beano sounds great as well.

And finally a bad bob boost, it adds a lovely sparkle/presence to the tone and works great with the guitar volume.
  • I seem to be getting good results running a Kingsley Constable (in front of amp output mode) into my rift 5e3. But it's obviously a particular sound, that, and some might cry blasphemy...