NAD - Vyse amps - jazz king

What's Hot
DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2178
I sold my rockerverb and cab because it was too much to honk around. As much as I love the helix. Sometimes you just want a nice simple amp to play through.

I loved the cleans of the riveria and fancied a victory v40. I asked @TheMarlin about this one. He then offered it to me at an absolute steal. So I had to say yes. I wanted a cathode bias amp and something that didn't weigh a tonne.

Due to family circumstances I haven't played it much. I met the lovely Paul very briefly at a services this morning.
The cab is an old sw cab with fanes in. Sounds a bit boomy so may have to make it open backed.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53325245263_dca9a98efd_c_d.jpg

I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8150
    edited November 2023
    DrJazzTap said:
    I sold my rockerverb and cab because it was too much to honk around. As much as I love the helix. Sometimes you just want a nice simple amp to play through.

I loved the cleans of the riveria and fancied a victory v40. I asked @TheMarlin about this one. He then offered it to me at an absolute steal. So I had to say yes. I wanted a cathode bias amp and something that didn't weigh a tonne.

Due to family circumstances I haven't played it much. I met the lovely Paul very briefly at a services this morning.
    The cab is an old sw cab with fanes in. Sounds a bit boomy so may have to make it open backed.

Having the cab in a corner will increase the boom   
    Hope you enjoy it, it’s a cracker, it really is. 

At home volumes, I loved it with a pre amp pedal (Nocturne Brain, Mad Professor Simble pre driver etc) and a touch of boost. 

It makes the notes pop out a little, and enhances pick attach.  Play light, clean, play harder, edge of breakup, and dig in, the windows pop out of their frames. I love that physical delivery of power. 

Also, wind down the Master volume and raise the volume, you get 70’s rock at neighbour friendly levels. 

It really is a very versatile amp when you get used to it. Sounds wonderful too, no hiss, no noise, just wonderful tone. 

Enjoy. Happy to buy it back if you don’t bond with it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Also, will take 6L6’s or 6V6 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2178
    TheMarlin said:
    DrJazzTap said:

Having the cab in a corner will increase the boom   
    Hope you enjoy it, it’s a cracker, it really is. 

At home volumes, I loved it with a pre amp pedal (Nocturne Brain, Mad Professor Simble pre driver etc) and a touch of boost. 

It makes the notes pop out a little, and enhances pick attach.  Play light, clean, play harder, edge of breakup, and dig in, the windows pop out of their frames. I love that physical delivery of power. 

Also, wind down the Master volume and raise the volume, you get 70’s rock at neighbour friendly levels. 

It really is a very versatile amp when you get used to it. Sounds wonderful too, no hiss, no noise, just wonderful tone. 

Enjoy. Happy to buy it back if you don’t bond with it. 
    Thanks mate. I am that prick, I won a boss waza craft blues driver last week in the guitar give away contest. Having just won a american special strat my friends were a tad cheesed off! 

I'm looking forward to experimenting with the amp. You are dead right it's whisper quiet which is fantastic. 

And yes you have first refusal if I don't get on with it.

Thanks again 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2390
    Excellent!  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Does this one have a variable negative feedback control on the back and an effects loop? If so, I was the original owner haha! I liked this amp a lot but sold it to buy a combo (should have probably asked for it to be made into a combo when I bought it, but at the time I had two cabs knocking about). If I remember correctly, I put quite a nice NOS PI valve in it.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Does this one have a variable negative feedback control on the back and an effects loop? If so, I was the original owner haha! I liked this amp a lot but sold it to buy a combo (should have probably asked for it to be made into a combo when I bought it, but at the time I had two cabs knocking about). If I remember correctly, I put quite a nice NOS PI valve in it.
    It does indeed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2178
    Does this one have a variable negative feedback control on the back and an effects loop? If so, I was the original owner haha! I liked this amp a lot but sold it to buy a combo (should have probably asked for it to be made into a combo when I bought it, but at the time I had two cabs knocking about). If I remember correctly, I put quite a nice NOS PI valve in it.
    And law of sod you're based in Bristol as well haha
  • DrJazzTap said:
    And law of sod you're based in Bristol as well haha
    Haha no way! The amp did a little tour of the UK before coming back lol. I used to love playing through that amp with a nice bit of reverb, such a great sound.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5908
    Yup. This is your one @Jazzy_Jake ;

Its the bees knees and I’d have loved to have tried it with some 6v6s before it went off