SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

On hold - Nik Huber Piet

What's Hot
chris78chris78 Frets: 9938
edited November 2023 in Guitars £
2 incredibly special guitars for sale. 

First up a Nik Huber Piet. Nik’s take on a tele, but with a p90 at the bridge. Incredibly light (6 lbs 13oz), ash bodied, micro thin open pore finish in the best custom Fender colour - lake placid blue.This guitar received pretty much unanimously top ratings on release. It’s got the build quality Huber is famed for, but this is more of a sling it around at a gig feel. Brand new from Peach in August. I’ve never seen one for sale under £3k so how about £2,900 for quick sale?
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/7r1h5t2al0wr9sj2aktvy/IMG_0163.jpeg?rlkey=7z9j2ddiyjmymsr8ybbtcmztq&raw=1

Here’s the link to peach’s original https://www.peachguitars.com/nik-huber-piet-lake-placid-blue-swamp-ash-body.htm

Adding a Nik Huber Surfmeister purchased from here. This is a one off with black limba body and neck and tiger burst flame top. Stunning in the flesh, and weighs a quite frankly ridiculous 5lbs 11 oz and no, it doesn’t neck dive - it’s wonderfully balanced. It’s Huber’s take on a Gretsch with the added advantage that the filtertrons split with a push pull on the tone control. It came from world guitars originally. I paid £3750 used. Here at £2750 until Monday.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/u4dbeh1hfqcovdofmigkd/IMG_0170.webp?rlkey=s8t3dr0qew34qyamn8q7urygz&raw=1

SOLD- Second up, one of the best models ever made by PRS with the best pickups ever made by them (53/10s - think tele to Les Paul and you’re there). Only considering parting with this as I have a 53/10 limited, but the 53/10 lacks the stunning rosewood neck. In a really rare gold top finish and crazy light for a mahogany guitar any 7lbs 3 oz. These very rarely come up for sale and for good reason - people keep them. I’ve seen one at a dealer at almost £5k. This has some minor knicks around the edges (not the top as pictured) so how about £3,500 for a quick sale?
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/g1yhy6e3h2ja6zicsilm9/IMG_1473.heic?rlkey=0r1igaofzo4vsp32ooxthye4j&raw=1
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/d3v0s4wjbpl0ri9qy8dcw/IMG_1474.heic?rlkey=tyavj04dhsfwmh3wdvhtxro1h&raw=1

Full pics here
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/9l28ly15zv4jf3rt2psqf/h?rlkey=hdcng41msyptnjcs4wx22xj7b&dl=0
0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DumodalDumodal Frets: 537
    Wow, both are beautiful!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9938
    Dumodal said:
    Wow, both are beautiful!
    and right up your street @Dumodal ;
  • For anyone considering: I have Chris's other Quatro and at the time he mentioned that this gold top was the better of the two. The one I have is one of the best guitars I've ever played and a lifer for me. These Quatro's are becoming highly collectable and £3.5k is bargain basement territory. SNAP IT UP!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve played that Goldtop Quattro and it’s an absolute corker. I’d buy it myself if I had the spare moolah. GLWTS. 
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    cheers @fretfinder ;

Both will be going in part ex so until the end of the night Sunday, I'll accept

£2,600 for the Piet (bearing in mind it's 2 months old and cost £3,900)
    £2,750 for the Modern Eagle Quatro.

Assumes cleared funds, collection and cover your own postage.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bloody Hell Chris , thats a bargain for the Quattro. If only I etc etc
  • What the hell - Pm'd re the ME Chris
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    MEQ- sold thanks to the forum

Piet available at daft money - £2600!!!!!
  • Pm’d re Huber Chris
    marlinman said:
    Pm’d re Huber Chris
    Replied. Thanks for the interest and hope we can sort a deal
    Doc, if you bought the MEQ you got a HELL of a deal!
    I was talking to @Sevenof9 earlier and remarking how my 29 month 0 pct balance transfer Barclaycard hit my doormat at about 11 o’clock today and once I’d read the fine print I was immediately onto Chris :-)

God Bless Plastic 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 997
    edited November 2023
    What the hell - Pm'd re the ME Chris
    I was talking to @Sevenof9 earlier and remarking how my 29 month 0 pct balance transfer Barclaycard hit my doormat at about 11 o’clock today and once I’d read the fine print I was immediately onto Chris :-)

God Bless Plastic 
    You won't regret it Con, I've had a couple of MEQ's and they're fantastic guitars. Sadly had to sell them both due to financial needs.
    My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
  • Grampa said:

God Bless Plastic 
    You won't regret it Con, I've had a couple of MEQ's and they're fantastic guitars. Sadly had to sell them due to financial needs.
    Cheers Ian - I was terrified of taking your old Private Stock out of the house but this is slightly more industrial if you can say that about a nearly £3000 PRS !
  • Grampa said:

God Bless Plastic 
    You won't regret it Con, I've had a couple of MEQ's and they're fantastic guitars. Sadly had to sell them due to financial needs.
    Cheers Ian - I was terrified of taking your old Private Stock out of the house but this is slightly more industrial if you can say that about a nearly £3000 PRS !
    PRS use the same 10/artist grade flame tops on the gold MEQ’s as well, so if you play the crap out of and wear through the finish it looks even better 
  • Grampa said:

God Bless Plastic 
    PRS use the same 10/artist grade flame tops on the gold MEQ’s as well, so if you play the crap out of and wear through the finish it looks even better 
    Unfortunately I can’t play the crap out of anything !
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2023
    Adding a Nik Huber Surfmeister purchased from here. This is a one off with black limba body and neck and tiger burst flame top. Stunning in the flesh, and weighs a quite frankly ridiculous 5lbs 11 oz and no, it doesn’t neck dive - it’s wonderfully balanced. It’s Huber’s take on a Gretsch with the added advantage that the filtertrons split with a push pull on the tone control. It came from world guitars originally. I paid £3750 used. Here at £2750 until Monday.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/u4dbeh1hfqcovdofmigkd/IMG_0170.webp?rlkey=s8t3dr0qew34qyamn8q7urygz&raw=1 

Full pics 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/c9h20rpqltzdm9rrily98/h?rlkey=8qynvis7neejfzwew49h0x7by&dl=0

Happy to post both the Piet and Surfmeister at buyers cost or meet
  • Josh_CoskuJosh_Cosku Frets: 191
    edited November 2023
    Wow Chris, this one also looks great! I am after something else but this is a big distraction.
    Surfmeister on hold pending- thanks to the forum

Piet still available at £2600 (weird- thought it would have gone first!)
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3897
    edited November 2023
    The MEQ is such a great guitar. I sold mine to @chris78 which ended up with @Norlin4life (and came to me from @StormshadowGuitars). I have one with a trem now and really must keep it - even though I don’t need a vintage-voiced guitar. 

Great guitars, as always, @chris78 Love the look of the Piet. GLWS. 

Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom