SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

*Searching/Looking For* Sold Fender Custom Shop '59 Reissue Stratocaster Relic 2010 Black

What's Hot
lineslines Frets: 27
edited November 2023 in Guitars £
I am looking to get back a guitar I sold In 2019. Massively regret selling it as it has left an empty place in my heart since I let it go. It is quite a distinctive black heavy relic fender custom shop which had a cool feature in a guitar magazine.

https://imgur.io/a/ujuvnzn

It has changed hands a few times, the latest information I received on it's whereabouts is it may have recently been sold on reverb or on the website below:

https://www.fenderfever.com/1222

I have contacted the seller however they had no information on the sale or contact details of the buyer and the trail has gone dry.

If anyone has any more information or has seen the guitar for sale recently or knows of the buyer a message or comment would be greatly appreciated x

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Lovely looking guitar. Seller's remorse can be haunting. Hooe you find and get the guitar back. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lineslines Frets: 27
    Thank you, I hope so to
  • This guitar has been bought and sold sooooooo many times. I first tried to buy it off Brad on here, who himself had owned/traded it a couple of times. Couldn't quite get a deal over the line on that occasion.

Then it cropped up at Fenderfever, who unusually for him, chose to run it as an ebay auction. I bought at that point in Nov 21.

Loved the look and the neck profile (significantly slimmer than more recent 60Cs and a perfect fit for me) but the tone was uninspiring. Subsequently bought a later relic that to this day is the best Strat I've ever played (including the real ones I used to own when they were custom shop money!) So out of curiosity I swapped all the electronics over and the black one remained a distant second for me. Weirdly inaudible in a band context. Realising it wouldn't get any play time I listed it on ebay a year ago and sold it to a great guy, Toby.

All contact was through ebay, so I only have his user name, tobesmayes, but hopefully that should be enough to get in touch.

He only owned it a few months before selling it on ebay earlier this year. Haven't seen it advertised since so he might be able to point you in the right direction of the current owner.

That guitar clearly has very strong appeal, but the fact that so many of us have moved it on maybe tells its own tale.

Anyway, best of luck in the search. And hope this is of some help.
    “Don't bore us, get to the chorus!”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Thank you so much for the info! It is unfortunate that it has changed hands so many times. Perhaps even more reason for me to try and get it back as I would never let it go again.

Funnily enough I do understand what you mean regarding the distant tone, it was difficult to get out of it what I wanted. However it was a dream to play and yes that neck had a lot to do with it. All in all I have always known it to be 'my' guitar, even after I let it go.

Thanks again, I will try and get in contact with tobesmayes.
    Still searching!
    Still looking. If anyone has seen for sale recently please let me know.
    bump
  • ChimpankieChimpankie Frets: 349
    I’m so invested in this. I hope you find it. 
    Thank you! I have been trying to contact the eBay buyer tobesmayes since the above message directed me that way in November 23. They are still active on eBay, however do not respond. I believe this is the most recent sighting? So hopefully I am only a few steps away. Whoever has it now probably wont want to sell it... but I will cross that bridge when the time comes!
    still searching
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5640
    Every time I've bought a guitar back I quickly realised why I sold it in the first place. Just saying.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Perhaps, but perhaps not
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31098
    Beautiful guitar- irksome that Fender call it a 59 RI when many of the 59 rosewood originals actually had a one ply pickguard up until around Nov 59.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.