Studio Rats & Cornell...TSR20 amp now available

What's Hot
UngulateUngulate Frets: 239
Just watched the demo video on their You Tube channel, sounds pretty damn good & £1500 prob a fair price?

Discuss...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It looks great
  • Sharky77Sharky77 Frets: 239
    It looks horrible but sounds great!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Does he play the same riff on it over and over? ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I really enjoy The Studio Rats content, but when it comes to different amp/guitar tones, I find it really difficult to distinguish different gear from their channel. 

Paul is a fantastic player, but for whatever reason, a lot of the demos end up sounding very similar. I'm not sure if it's his playing style,  phrasing, or the recording equipment; but I don't hear as much variation between the different gear as I would in other demos. I find the same with Johan Segeborn for that matter. Not sure why. 

Is it just me? 

I really love his playing, just to be clear!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • I really enjoy The Studio Rats content, but when it comes to different amp/guitar tones, I find it really difficult to distinguish different gear from their channel. 

Paul is a fantastic player, but for whatever reason, a lot of the demos end up sounding very similar. I'm not sure if it's his playing style,  phrasing, or the recording equipment; but I don't hear as much variation between the different gear as I would in other demos. I find the same with Johan Segeborn for that matter. Not sure why. 

Is it just me? 

No, it’s not just you at all. I find exactly the same thing and have no idea why he obsesses over the gear! The recent 335 video is a case in point. He goes through guitars like - well, like someone who can afford a lot of high end gear. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8574
    Does he play the same riff on it over and over? ;)
    I quite like the channel but it does make laugh, the way he dismisses pointy guitars and high gain amps, then gains the shot out of his Tele and trad valve amp and plays like Jack Butler! 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4386
    I really enjoy The Studio Rats content, but when it comes to different amp/guitar tones, I find it really difficult to distinguish different gear from their channel. 

Is it just me? 

No, it’s not just you at all. I find exactly the same thing and have no idea why he obsesses over the gear! The recent 335 video is a case in point. He goes through guitars like - well, like someone who can afford a lot of high end gear. 
    I think they both have a particular tone in mind, as they inch nearer and nearer to it diminishing returns sets in.

Nowt wrong with that, if it was my job (or I had the spare cash as a hobby) I'd be doing the same thing.

I quite like it in a way - much as I find demos useful where the reviewer sets out to show every sound an amp can manage, you kinda forget that an amp has an intrinsic sound. If you don't like that sound with the EQ set fairly neutral, you need a different amp.

Been burned by this down the years myself.
  • NickBNickB Frets: 280
    Sharky77 said:
    It looks horrible but sounds great!
    It looks great. C'mon who doesn't like sonic blue? It sounds awesome too. 
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 268
    edited November 2023
    I think because every demo has this high gain over compressed with delay thing going on with his tone no matter what he plays.  Not my thing either.  I like the blue colour of the amp them knobs need changing though and it would look a lot cleaner.  

I wouldn’t buy it though but a Romany 12 I would.
  • I have a Romany 12 that I am looking to move on if you are interested :-)
  • PFAllen2PFAllen2 Frets: 245
    Does he play the same riff on it over and over? ;)

It's a better demo than showing off endlessly. IMHO
    Click here for my Trading Feedback