Posting amps back to Thomann

gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 898
So I have to return a Bugera 1960 head which weighs about the same as a baby elephant. They have provided a prepaid parcelforce label with instructions to take it to a post office. But it's pretty big and I know the post office can be weird about big heavy things. Should I take it to a parcel force depot or do you think a post office will be ok to take it?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LodiousLodious Frets: 2013
    I tried to send a blackstar HT5 from the post office and they wouldn't accept it, so Parcelforce might be a better option, might have just been someone awkwared at the counter though.
  • ragingbenragingben Frets: 111
    I returned a Hughes and kettner tubemeister 36 to then and that was all fine. It's a small amp, but all boxed up and packaged well it was surprisingly big and the post office were fine.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2462
    edited October 2014
    Email them again and ask them if they'll arrange for someone to pick it up from you (assuming that's convenient for you).

That's what I did when they returned a faulty amp to me without repairing it- "I'm not hulking that back to the post office again because of their incompetence, I had enough bother the first time", I thought. They emailed me a UPS (I think, IIRC) return label, and picked it up at my house- much handier. Granted, they had already messed me around once, so maybe that made them more likely to do that for me, but it's bound to be worth asking about.

Just to clarify, other than that one time, Thomann has been excellent. :)
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    IIRC you need to do a quick check to check that said PO can take Parcel Force packages. Not all do (or at least that was the case when I was regularly using PF a few years back). It's not them being arsey, it's a just a question of whether Parcel Force collect from that branch or not. 

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 10019
    A Parcelforce depot won't have a problem with it. I took an Epi Dot in its case, all in a big box to one and I think they might have made a token check that it fell within the size limits (it did, easily). 
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I've taken a 2x12 combo to parcelforce with no issues, and it arrived in one piece
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    I've sent hulking great tube heads from the little local village Post Office a few times with no problems.  As long as it's well packed, they don't even raise an eyebrow.  I've seen people walk in there with parcels which took two people to carry.  @-)
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74500
    John_A said:
    I've taken a 2x12 combo to parcelforce with no issues, and it arrived in one piece
    You've had an EH Magnum for three days and it hasn't died, too…

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7406
    Usually Thomann send a courier to collect it from you...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    edited October 2014
    ICBM said:
    John_A said:
    You've had an EH Magnum for three days and it hasn't died, too…

:)

I think my good luck must have been used up