Beatles

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15980
This guys richly deserve everything that is said of them...a great live band and the best ever studio band

Listening to these harmonies I can hear Gerry Rafferty's soon to follow sig harmony tone all over it

tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ShrewsShrews Frets: 3034
    Good, but not as good as these guys. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15980
    :)
    tae be or not tae be
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Love coming here and discovering all these obscure bands I’ve never heard of. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3034
    Belarusian life is a strange thing. Equally they find UK life a strange thing. Just as we know bugger all about them, they know bugger all about us. We have our traditional Christmas and BH films and they have theirs. We have our Santa they have their Father Frost. We have our demonstrations where the demonstrators beat the police up, they have demonstrations where the police beat the demonstrators up.

So they are like my litmus test for a number of things. If they've heard of it then it's either ultra-famous or ultra-infamous. There does seem to be a rather strange liking for Downton Abbey though.

Anyway, bands they've heard of:

- The Beatles
    - Elvis
    - Abba
    - Queen

That's about it. Forget the entire histories of Punk, New Romantics, Indie, Metal, Rock, Pop, Sixties, Bowie, Rod, Prog, Elton, Motown, Soul etc, etc (of course, they've 'heard some tunes' but couldn't really name the song, artist, year etc)

The Beatles truly were an amazing band and we are lucky to be around during their time. Belarusians confirm it.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3663
    Shrews said:
    Good, but not as good as these guys. 

Ahhh, the pre-fab four.  The guys who made the sixties what it is today  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom