Need A New Practice Amp -what to get????

What's Hot
gubblegubble Frets: 1826

For various reasons i'm in the need of a new practice amp. The HT-1 has gone and i'm now left with the Jet City Head and a 2x12 Cab.

I'd like a combo that's versitile, fun , sounds good and is easy to store. Modelling may be good so that I can have a wide range of sounds. I'll also be using it to jam with my bassist and singer, so not full rehearsal volume, just living room jam volume.

The budget is about £100, don't mind s/h

So far i've been reccomended a Blackstar ID Core 10 - but i'm not sure, it looks so small, worried it might be wasp in jam jar or not lough enough

So what would you guys reccomend?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 644
    Roland Cube. If you go for a 60 or 80XL, it'll be loud enough to gig with as well. You might struggle to get an 80XL for £100 but should be able to snag a 60 for around that. It'll have to be S/H though as they replaced the 60 with the 80. Great sounds, really versatile and super compact.
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Your original post reads like decent advertiseing copy for the Roland Microcube.

They're great fun, highly practical and a rewarding practice/ jamming/ small gig/ general fun piece of equipment.

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2959
    inb4 Peavey Bandit.
  • The id 10 won't be loud enough for any kind of jamming really.

Roland cube 60 is a decent shout.

Vox valvetronix are great - cheap used (get the older version with metal grill and thank me later for the toanz), attenuator (well, just an extra master really), great sounds and mine was reliable despite a 16 year old me doing my utmost to blow it up. :)
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471

I have a roland cube 40 for sale in classifieds...mint condition with the 6 button footswitch so you access all the sounds with footswitch.

more than your budget...but its only 2-3 months old.

• I've got a Core 10 for quiet practice purposes.  It's excellent for that, but it doesn't sound good turned up really loud IMO.  It will actually get pretty loud, but through the little 3" speakers it's not the best sound!  The bigger Cores aren't much more expensive (just over £100 for the 20 I think) and have bigger speakers, or the "proper" ID combos (but these are obviously more expensive than you want).

Depending on how loud you want to jam, the Core 10 may be enough (but try it first at the volume you need).
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1826

Part of me wants to get something like a MK1 Line 6 Flextone then i can use it for proper rehearsals too.

However nothing much about on ebay etc at the minute.

There's a MK1 50 watt Spider locally which i might go and have a look at.

• NeilNeil Frets: 3847
    Fender Mustang?

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6464
    Rehearsal or Practice ?

For Practice I'd say a Yamaha THR.  I had a Blackstar 5 - it sounded really boxy.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1826
    I've plumped for a very second hand Line 6 Spider 50 watt 1x12 model. Should do what i need and was peanuts to buy so i've got some extra spare cash :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom