SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

On hold - Bargain Gretsch 6128-59 vintage select

What's Hot
DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7450
edited November 2023 in Guitars £

Bought this back from @dazzajl (which is why some of the photos are so good !) and it’s lovely but I’ve just sprung for Chris’s MEQ and need to sell some stuff sharpish . I got this for a bargain so happy to pass that on for a quick sale 

It’s a fantastic looking and playing Japanese Professional series Gretsch complete with original hard case and case candy. This model has TV Jones classic pickups and a proper Bigsby as standard 

It has one small ding on the back of the neck near the third fret (last picture) but other than that it’s in fantastic condition and comes with the Gretsch case and all the candy

Best of all it’s £1495 plus delivery or pickup from Dorchester or nearby 

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6071
    The best Jet ever from from the best Chap ever. What’s not to jump at here?!? Form a disorderly queue folks. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You are too kind Daz :-)
    You are too kind Daz :-)
    Yup  ;)  <3
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8333
    This model is as good as a customer shop model. It’s the best Gretsch have made. 
    I’d sell a kidney for the 53VS, and I’m tempted to donate various other organs to get this (which I’ve already owned). 
    Awesome guitar, and it smells incredible too!
  • It’s true , it smells like caramel
  • DumodalDumodal Frets: 537
    Great price Cor, GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks guys - ON HOLD !
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7450
    edited November 2023
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9938
    Glad it’s sold for you, Con
    Hopefully eases the MEQ burden
  • chris78 said:
    Glad it’s sold for you, Con
    Hopefully eases the MEQ burden
    It’s not sold tbh Christophe - I’ve had a couple of close shaves today when I thought it was going to decent folk but things didn’t quite happen . I couldn’t be arsed to update the thread.

I might try and hold on for a while as it feels like most of us are sellers right now, driving prices down and making weaker willed sellers like me buy more stuff instead ! (as per my previous PRS for sale thread) 

I’m looking forward to @JerkMoans ’s punter with money claxon when we next get a big WTB thread (remember those !)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    You're absolutely right, if its not attractive to anyone at £1450, it's not worth selling.

This is such a good replica of a 59 Jet, it sounds 100% bang on to the sound of the only humbucker guitar Gilmour has performed with. And like in these clips the "Mud Switch" is a beautiful sounding treble cut. A very rare thing on any Gretch!

If finances had allowed, I would never have sold it

https://youtu.be/rk3HUfl9RHE?feature=shared

https://youtu.be/gpET36IdxHU?feature=shared
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Bought this back from @dazzajl (which is why some of the photos are so good !) and it’s lovely but I’ve just sprung for Chris’s MEQ and need to sell some stuff sharpish . I got this for a bargain so happy to pass that on for a quick sale 

It’s a fantastic looking and playing Japanese Professional series Gretsch complete with original hard case and case candy. This model has TV Jones classic pickups and a proper Bigsby as standard 

It has one small ding on the back of the neck near the third fret (last picture) but other than that it’s in fantastic condition and comes with the Gretsch case and all the candy

Best of all it’s £1495 plus delivery or pickup from Dorchester or nearby 

Looks fantastic @DrCornelius, never owned this model. 
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7450
    edited November 2023
    That’ll be Dazza’s photos Dave - the man is a wizard. He could make Liz Truss look like Margot Robbie 

Looks like this has sold overnight , I’ll update the thread when it’s all done and dusted 
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 801
    That's proper lovely and hopefully sold. 
  • That’ll be Dazza’s photos Dave - the man is a wizard. He could make Liz Truss look like Margot Robbie 

Looks like this has sold overnight , I’ll update the thread when it’s all done and dusted 
    Congratulations mate, hope it’s off to a good home that’s discerning of a nice gretsch