SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Eastman SB59 Goldburst

What's Hot
TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3329
edited March 3 in Guitars £
SOLD: Eastman SB59 in ‘gold burst’ (which looks more aged honey burst to me, but that’s splitting hairs). Beautiful Les Paul type that I thought I’d be getting old with and was my gateway drug to Eastman guitars. 

These are incredibly well made: one piece mahogany body and mahogany neck, ebony fretboard, maple cap, nitro finish, light weight compared to a lot of similar guitars.
The rather bland Seymour Duncan 59s are long gone, in their place are a set of low wind unpotted Fletcher Elysiums. I’ve had these up against OX4s and felt these were even more articulate. 50s wiring, pio caps. Plays and sounds great.

There is some honest but minor play wear, one mark in the binding and a couple of small laquer dings on the back of the neck and in the clear coat of the top. Minor buckle worming on the back. Two of the knobs have a crack in the inner part of the plastic. Most of this could be fixed and none of it impacts play. Hang tags, COA, case key, included 
Comes with cased and can post at buyers expense.

Edit: weight is 3.696 kg or 8lb 2oz 

Flickr album here: https://www.flickr.com/gp/157224850@N02/rCGLcm3324

£1250 Noticed another ding in the lacquer on the back of the neck so dropping this to £1200.
Sold off board for £1200.

Traded: Duesenberg Starplayer TV in a sparkle red finish. Incredible guitar. I spent a long time wanting to scratch this itch and I am glad I did, I’m really not sure I want to let this go. Everything you have heard and read is true, the build quality is utterly impeccable and everything is precision engineered in a way you don’t often see with guitars. Mild scuffs on the pickguard and possibly the odd swirl on the back, otherwise pretty damn fine condition. One minor mod, gone is the awful middle position strangled ‘twang’ setting and in its place this is wired in the standard: bridge, both, neck configuration. No surprise the middle setting is now useable and sounds great. 

£1400 Need something to move so dropping to £1350

Based in north northants, more than happy to drive to meet and trade or can post at buyers expense (and risk). Just to clarify I’ve had a few folks ask about postage and then say they never post insured, that’s fine, but I won’t be liable for it. If you want to risk it posted parcel force uninsured, it’ll be a PPG trade.
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3329
    Finally updated the photos bump.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1543
    Oh man, thats fucking stunning
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Played one of these last year. Really good guitars at a nice price here. 
    Thanks gents, this is a very good one. I’ve literally had to lock this back in the case as sellers remorse is a huge risk! What I will say is when I was on a LP hunt I only played CS Gibsons that were better, not a single standard/trad (etc) came close. 
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1543
    Thanks gents, this is a very good one. I’ve literally had to lock this back in the case as sellers remorse is a huge risk! What I will say is when I was on a LP hunt I only played CS Gibsons that were better, not a single standard/trad (etc) came close. 
    I made this mistake with 2 guitars recently, a duesenberg and a fraser tele...both were listed for sale...got a 65 Deluxe Reverb and thought..hmm wonder what they sound like through my new amp...now no longer for sale!!
    nero1701 said:
    I made this mistake with 2 guitars recently, a duesenberg and a fraser tele...both were listed for sale...got a 65 Deluxe Reverb and thought..hmm wonder what they sound like through my new amp...now no longer for sale!!
    I’ve got to shift some gear, going to run out of space otherwise. Problem is, after a while you only have nice gear that sounds great. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1432
    GLWTS tele.  (What are you doing man lol.)

Cant believe this hasnt been snapped up for 1250 with that top and upgraded pups.This looks like a now sought after earlier model as the tops back then were mostly superb.

Its a perfect opportunity to have one and shift it on for no loss if you havent tried one of these amazing instruments.
    I have one and holds up very well to an on loan CS 2004 LP custom. In fact after xmas period of having both, i keep going back to the SB59. Stays in tune, clean energetic sound, light, joy to play, very expressive and sustains!. Build wise it pisses all over the Gibson. Agree with the conclusion on standards, not even close.

Its almost a no brainer for a 1250 as a double humbucker guitar and they dont come up often for good reason.

Dont worry, be silly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 14
    swiller said:
    GLWTS tele.  (What are you doing man lol.)

Cant believe this hasnt been snapped up for 1250 with that top and upgraded pups.This looks like a now sought after earlier model as the tops back then were mostly superb.
    ... Build wise it pisses all over the Gibson. Agree with the conclusion on standards, not even close.

It’s almost a no brainer for a 1250 as a double humbucker guitar and they dont come up often for good reason.
    Pretty much my experience there, I’m just in a place where I’m trying to downsize the collection and don’t want to duplicate any sonic space. I’ve a lovely Eastman Juliet with P90s (which is this neck married to something truly unique and so comfortable to play). Humbucker duties are my Es345 and the in between is my Duesenberg, which has a surprising snap and jangle -although there is every possibility of that becoming a jazzmaster or tele in due course. Unfortunately, leaves this one not getting the play it deserves. I will no doubt regret it in due course, but that is always the way of things and that Taylor bill must be paid.

Happy Saturday.
    Payday weekend bump. Buy yourself a new toy and bring some sunshine to these grey winter months. 
    Added the duesenberg, need to pay for the Taylor. :(
    Bump - need to pay for the Taylor and have gas for a jazzmaster, these need to go.
    Few extra photos and a small price drop bump
  • pruddprudd Frets: 673
    That Eastman should have been gone long ago, I can attest as to how good the Eastman guitars are, I own four and each one of them punches well above its weight.

Seems to be getting harder and harder to sell stuff, even when priced sensibly.
    prudd said:
    That Eastman should have been gone long ago, I can attest as to how good the Eastman guitars are, I own four and each one of them punches well above its weight.

Honestly, I’d prefer to sell the duesenberg because that can be replaced -this Eastman won’t be possible to replace. It is a great guitar. 
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    prudd said:

Honestly, I’d prefer to sell the duesenberg because that can be replaced -this Eastman won’t be possible to replace. It is a great guitar. 

To be honest, it was the Duesenberg that had me clicking on the thread to begin with, but the Eastman that has me wondering "what if..." That Duesenberg is an absolute beauty, though as you say, the Eastman looks like a much more unique instrument.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1432
    Even without the glorious top.. Insane this guitar is still FS @ £1250. 

Dont worry, be silly.
  • FaffFaff Frets: 29
    My heart says Duesenberg but the brain says what great guitar for a good price the Eastman is. 
    Guitarist for...  HEY PIXIES - The UK's most gigantic PIXIES tribute band
    http://www.facebook.com/heypixies
    "We don't actually own any of this gear - we're just looking after it for the next Fretboarder."

swiller said:
    Even without the glorious top.. Insane this guitar is still FS @ £1250. 

And I’ve dropped the price to 1200 after noticing another little ding in the lacquer on the neck.

Thanks @Tenebrous and @Faff, the sad truth is they are both great guitars and I will miss whichever goes! :lol: 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Roll up roll up