Mesa removable castors + plates

What's Hot
CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
Does anyone know where I can get some in the UK, or if there are any good alternatives? Recently bought a Stiletto Ace combo second hand that had them removed.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72644
    Try Westside Distribution, although be prepared to pay through the nose.

You need the Track-Loc ones, 2" most likely.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7963
    edited October 2014
    I got a quote recently from Westside - £91.60 for 4x 2" castors and plates, plus £6.50 shipping. They are supposed to be standard with the cabs and amps, so it is extremely frustrating that most used Mesa gear is missing parts. I got a quote for just 4x 3" wheels and it was £51.02 inc VAT.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7963
    edited October 2014
    Also, I got quoted £63.85 for the Recto 2x12 cab cover - again all the used ones I've found are missing it...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72644
    Also, I got quoted £63.85 for the Recto 2x12 cab cover - again all the used ones I've found are missing it…
    For that piece of crap which comes with a Mesa? They have to be kidding. You could get a Roqsolid *and* a Hotcovers together for not much more than that.

There is a reason most are missing, because they fall apart.

A hundred quid for a set of four castors is taking the piss even more than I expected too...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Yup. I asked Mesa this a year ago too. With import duties it would've been over £200 for castors.

I just took the trac-loc base plates off my cab and drilled holes and fitted some Marshall castors to it with some roofing bolts.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    Yeah, bought the amp in a shop, didn't take it out its flightcase.

Got home and suddenly twigged that the flightcase didn't have any padding. Why wasn't the amp rattling round in there? Because it had the castor plates and feet removed and was bolted straight to the tray of the flightcase.

Which is fine if you're the incredible fucking hulk.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24849
    Drew_fx;386082" said:
    I just took the trac-loc base plates off my cab and drilled holes and fitted some Marshall castors to it with some roofing bolts.
    You're not really Nick Knowles are you?
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    No. I'm not.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • To be honest I've semi given up on finding a reasonable deal on a used Recto 2x12. I paid £400 for a mint one with cover and castors shipped to me from Andertons and that still feels like a lot. But private sellers often want the same or more but without castors or cover and either won't ship or will ship but the total price is hardly worth it vs new when you consider the potential hassle. Bloody Mesa..
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    I know everyone has been on tenterhooks to see what I did.

I got 3" castors off ebay for £15 and just screwed the fuckers on. I WIN.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom