Anyone use Sonarworks SoundID Reference with their modeller/DAW?

What's Hot
I'm intrigued to buy Sonarworks SoundID Reference, especially as it's on sale now. And the virtual monitoring sounds brilliant in the demo. Although not ideal it's a hell of a sight better than my untreated room. I am planning a bit of recording this year and it'd be a good thing to use, I think.

Interested to hear others' experience with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE9o7USYv3o
Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 205
    So I’ve been using it for about a month now, mainly for music listening and it definitely massively improved how it sounds. Whether it’s sweetened or natural is another question entirely.

i have used it with logic but performance took a massive hit (I’m running a 2015 MacBook Pro so that may be why)

also, I used an Aston origin for the room measurement so probably not ideal , but the whole experience has been very interesting and I always have it switched on now :-)
  • @mrleon83 thank you for this. It's helped me make my decision. I just went for the headphone version right now and will upgrade to the virtual monitoring in due course. But already, I'm hearing a bit of difference and I've got a bit of peace of mind with regard to it being a flatter response...or at least that what I'm believing it is, even if it isn't. I had new ear pads on my headphones today too, so all in all, I'm hearing quite a dramatic difference in quality than what I've been used to with my old worn out pads on my Senny HD 650's. They sound great again!

• mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 205
    Oh I haven’t tried it with my hd650s yet! 

For me professional production sound way more balanced so rightly or wrong , I think it’s an improvement :-) 
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1355
    edited November 2023
    Sonarworks plus point is that it's simple to use and relatively cheap. I didn't like the results and my measurements post application when I had a play with it suggested to me that they should spend more on their product and less on their marketing..

I use an alternative solution that is way better, has loads more capability/flexibility but is way more complicated to configure..

Everybody is different however and if you dig the result then that's great..

• Sonarworks plus point is that it's simple to use and relatively cheap. I didn't like the results and my measurements post application when I had a play with it suggested to me that they should spend more on their product and less on their marketing..

I use an alternative solution that is way better, has loads more capability/flexibility but is way more complicated to configure..

£40 odd quid later...now you tell me!

What's your solution, mate?

• grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1355
    edited December 2023
    Sonarworks plus point is that it's simple to use and relatively cheap. I didn't like the results and my measurements post application when I had a play with it suggested to me that they should spend more on their product and less on their marketing..

At £40 I presume you've bought the headphone version? If so it will be fine..

The solution I use is for for speaker/room correction and it's called Accurate. Supports linear and min phase convolution and the results are amazing (depending on what you're starting with in terms of acoustics). I run a 2 + 2 setup. The cost is very reasonable for what it is capable of (far more than just my application) however the learning curve is a little steep as it's not the most user-friendly application. Once you've grasped it, it is brill.

Si
  • Sonarworks plus point is that it's simple to use and relatively cheap. I didn't like the results and my measurements post application when I had a play with it suggested to me that they should spend more on their product and less on their marketing..

At £40 I presume you've bought the headphone version? If so it will be fine..

The solution I use is for for speaker/room correction and it's called Accurate. Supports linear and min phase convolution and the results are amazing (depending on what you're starting with in terms of acoustics). I run a 2 + 2 setup. The cost is very reasonable for what it is capable of (far more than just my application) however the learning curve is a little steep as it's not the most user-friendly application. Once you've grasped it, it is brill.

Si
    Google says no on that! Thank you mate, I’ll keep trying to find it

• Sorry..my bad..

Acourate..

https://www.audiovero.de/en/acourate.php

Si
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom