PSA: Yamaha THR30ii wireless £359 at Yamaha Music (also NAD!)

noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 823
edited November 2023 in Amps

Just sprung for one myself - was umming and aahing between this and the Katana Air EX both at normal pricing but £100 off makes the decision very neatly. Just need to keep an eye out for a deal on the G10 transmitter now. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BluebeardBluebeard Frets: 228
    edited November 2023
    The standard relay set (THR 30II with the wireless G10 transmitter) is on sale for £449
    If you use the code ATLANTIS10 there is a further 10% off so its £404.10
    https://www.yamahamusiclondon.com/THR30II-STANDARD-RELAY-SET/pidGTHR30IIWSETUK
    The white, black and acoustic versions are also on sale
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bluebeard said:
    The standard relay set (THR 30II with the wireless G10 transmitter) is on sale for £449
    If you use the code ATLANTIS10 there is a further 10% off so its £404.10
    https://www.yamahamusiclondon.com/THR30II-STANDARD-RELAY-SET/pidGTHR30IIWSETUK
    The white, black and acoustic versions are also on sale
    Great deal!

And also - gaaaah!

I wonder if the code also applies to the transmitter individually?
  • I suppose I should round this off by saying I’m very pleased with the amp. The Marshall-inspired models in particular are satisfyingly punchy and ‘chewy’, the editor app works brilliantly to open up the range of sounds (plate reverb is a particular favourite), and the auditory illusion of being a bigger amp in a bigger space is very effective, particularly if you’re a few feet back from it - hence why I’ll definitely be getting the transmitter in the near future. 
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    edited November 2023
     and the auditory illusion of being a bigger amp in a bigger space is very effective, particularly if you’re a few feet back from it -  
    that was the same for the earlier models  -   when you first hear it, and its your first experience of "that kind of amp"   you are quite "taken aback" about how "big" it sounds............and how well it copes with backing tracks going through it from external source 
    I can only imagine its even better with the newer models
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • Bought a white one for £450 on Friday... typical