Ross Campbell - BulletProof Guitar Player Course

What's Hot
Does anyone have any experience in using this course from Ross Campbell?

It’s a course that has been around a while but he’s just released version 2, which looks to just be updated production quality etc.

Its on a half price offer at the moment for a couple of weeks, for $147 (he doesn’t accept payment in £ apparently) and just trying to work out if its decent or just another course from a big social media influencer in the guitar space which are better in thought than execution.

Interested to hear thoughts from anyone who has bought the course, either in its original form or the recently updated version.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4191
    edited November 2023
    I’ve got the original udemy one here’s the contents 
      It’s very well done ,the videos are clear & concise  but if you already know a lot of theory I wouldn’t want to be paying that much . 

For an exceptionally cheaper amount you can get Levi Clays country guitar for beginners which has a great lot of theory very well explained , & it is all applicable  to music other than country  his YouTube videos are very good too . Basically he shows you a good explanation of the caged system  ,arpeggios scales etc  it’s very good ,  on kindle it’s between 2.99 to 6.99 plus you can download all the audio . I download it on my Mac then email it to my iPad where I store it in the free Documents app. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 794
    Interested. Following. 

• Contents from Levi’s book  it doesn’t look much  but he explains things well .the lead part is very good but the rhythm part has some good stuff  like the hybrid picking riffs . Watch some of his videos I’m sure I only paid £2.99 for it. I’m into my 80s rock & shred stuff but I bought this and another one of his as  like I said  you really can apply a lot of this to rock etc , it’s a brilliant practical and theoretical foundation even if you know some theory already 
  • So did anyone got for this course in the recent half price sale?

Still trying to decide whether to pick it up or not before it ends…
  • I was interested but the price put me off. I'm not against paying for stuff, and Ross is a very tasty player, but there's nothing my teacher couldn't teach me in that course for that much money, and I'd have the benefit of 1-1 feedback then too. Or I'd save up a bit more and buy something from Paul Davids.
  • I went for it. Ask me in a year if it was worth it….
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I was interested but the price put me off. I'm not against paying for stuff, and Ross is a very tasty player, but there's nothing my teacher couldn't teach me in that course for that much money, and I'd have the benefit of 1-1 feedback then too. Or I'd save up a bit more and buy something from Paul Davids.
    A fair bit more you could buy his Hendrix Strat.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• For an exceptionally cheaper amount you can get Levi Clays country guitar for beginners which has a great lot of theory very well explained , & it is all applicable  to music other than country  his YouTube videos are very good too . Basically he shows you a good explanation of the caged system  ,arpeggios scales etc  it’s very good ,  on kindle it’s between 2.99 to 6.99 plus you can download all the audio . I download it on my Mac then email it to my iPad where I store it in the free Documents app. 

I knew I recognised that name, just had a google and have watched a couple of his YouTube videos over the last couple of days. Might pick up the books on this recommendation, he seems a very good instructor.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4316
      It’s very well done ,the videos are clear & concise  but if you already know a lot of theory I wouldn’t want to be paying that much . 

For an exceptionally cheaper amount you can get Levi Clays country guitar for beginners which has a great lot of theory very well explained , & it is all applicable  to music other than country  his YouTube videos are very good too . Basically he shows you a good explanation of the caged system  ,arpeggios scales etc  it’s very good ,  on kindle it’s between 2.99 to 6.99 plus you can download all the audio . I download it on my Mac then email it to my iPad where I store it in the free Documents app. 

Cheers for that.

I have a Udemy account through work. I might check this out

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• For an exceptionally cheaper amount you can get Levi Clays country guitar for beginners which has a great lot of theory very well explained , & it is all applicable  to music other than country  his YouTube videos are very good too . Basically he shows you a good explanation of the caged system  ,arpeggios scales etc  it’s very good ,  on kindle it’s between 2.99 to 6.99 plus you can download all the audio . I download it on my Mac then email it to my iPad where I store it in the free Documents app. 

I knew I recognised that name, just had a google and have watched a couple of his YouTube videos over the last couple of days. Might pick up the books on this recommendation, he seems a very good instructor.
    I've got his three Guided Practice books and I've found immensely helpful for improving my technique over time.
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 535
    CHRISB50 said:

Cheers for that.

I have a Udemy account through work. I might check this out
    I don’t believe he’s taking on new subscribers to the Udemy course, unfortunately.

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4316
    bobacco said:
    I don’t believe he’s taking on new subscribers to the Udemy course, unfortunately.
    Oh OK. I didn't realise that was a thing.

Shame.

I figured they just host courses, and if you have a sub you can view it.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• bobaccobobacco Frets: 535
    CHRISB50 said:
    bobacco said:
    Oh OK. I didn't realise that was a thing.

Shame.

I figured they just host courses, and if you have a sub you can view it.
    I’d be delighted to be proven wrong, but I think the individual creators control enrolment and stuff. If you’d enrolled prior to it being delisted, access remains (I think!). With the new course via his own platform, he likely wants new students to line his pockets opposed to Udemy’s. 

However, if you find a sub does allow you to access, please do let me/us know as I’d hate to be unknowingly speaking rubbish! (More so than usual, anyway.)

• I find Guthrie Trapp's youtube musings very good but I cannot vouch for his teachings as I haven't seen him do an actual lesson. He strikes me as somebody who gives you ideas and hopes you develop your own way of using that information. He's quite interesting at times nonetheless.