Peavey JSX - This thing RIPS!

What's Hot

So not long ago i posted me playing through my Triple X and people mentioned about the JSX so I thought id play through it as well!
The high gain channels on this amp are pretty mad and tight to be honest.. maybe Satriani is secretly a metal head..

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4293
    edited November 2023
    These are really great amps but it was crazy that Joe just ran OD pedals through the clean channel for his live rig. He never used any OD channels on the actual amp. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • These are really great amps but it was crazy that Joe just ran OD pedals through the clean channel for his live rig. He never used any OD channels on the actual amp. 

Oh i didn't know that! I know he had the Vox Saturator etc but didn't realized he only used the clean channel!
    Crazy metal amp!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wizbit81wizbit81 Frets: 466
    Peavey were on a roll back then for high gain. The 5150 was the one that got all the attention, but they had so many sleepers out there that ripped.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • wizbit81 said:
    Peavey were on a roll back then for high gain. The 5150 was the one that got all the attention, but they had so many sleepers out there that ripped.
    The XXX was a fantastic amp for high gain too. The clean was absolute garbage but your wouldn’t but it for that anyway. 

They used to go for only £200-300 used. Now the prices have shot up.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wizbit81 said:
    I agree!

wizbit81 said:
    The XXX was a fantastic amp for high gain too. The clean was absolute garbage but your wouldn’t but it for that anyway. 

Yeah, theyre awesome amps! I picked up the JSX for £200 and the triple X for £250 a few months back! I think money was well spent there!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wizbit81 said:
    I agree!

wizbit81 said:

Yeah, theyre awesome amps! I picked up the JSX for £200 and the triple X for £250 a few months back! I think money was well spent there!!
    Two absolute bargains. Nice work!
  • wizbit81 said:
    I agree!

wizbit81 said:

Two absolute bargains. Nice work!
    Aha thanks man! So happy with it!