Curry pastes.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Personally, I find the pastes on their own a little disappointing - we usually top them up with a load of coconut milk don't worry if you don't like coconut, it doesn't taste of coconut, it just adds a creaminess. Or, I guess, you could use cream, which I believe has a certain creaminess to it too.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlin said:

I'm defrosting some for a chicken Madras to feed 25 on Saturday, plus making a Thai red curry (salmon and King prawn).  Also makeing, starters, vegetable pakoras, onion bhajis, and naan breads.

Marlin
    *drooooool*

What time do you want us there...?

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Get some fake ID made up and head down your local Bangledeshi restaurant on a week night and observe how they make their bases.  If they are pre made, quizz them about the ingredients, as you need to know because you are from the environmental health.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15768

just made this, utterly fantastic. recipe listed was a bit oil heavy, I had to spoon some out at the end of the cook, so next time will use a bit less. But a fantastic and easy curry.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I've just got a lamb jalfrezi on the stove, but will save that one for next week. If it's a Hairy Biker recipe it must be good.

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10381
    Mmmmm think I might try that one too.

Wonder if it'll work with lamb rather than beef.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15768
    I was tempted to try it with mutton, but the butcher didn't have any in today.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.