Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Alex Lifeson signature amp range: LERXST Amps

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• prowlaprowla Frets: 5009
    I quite liked the website.
    I also really like some of Lerxst's playing - he has a great economy with the close chords and the solo on Limelight is one of my all-time favourites.
    However, I've never aspired to his tone and I can't see any circumstance I would look to buy one of those amps.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SvartmetallSvartmetall Frets: 738
    edited December 2023
    I really think he is one of if not the most under-rated guitarists in rock. His versatility - using classical as well as 6 and 12 string acoustic and electric guitars - always interested me, which is I think one reason I've always had multiple guitars (I liked Steve Howe for the same reason, though I've always been more a fan of Rush than Yes).

Initially he was a reasonably straight-ahead post-Page rock guitarist, but although he grew a lot technically between 'Rush' and '2112' , the way he developed as a player both sonically and stylistically between 'A Farewell To KIngs' and 'Grace Under Pressure' is a fascinating example of a player's evolution.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2620
    tFB Trader
    I have never really listened to Rush either, so will put some on today to get a feel for what he was about.

The one thing I actually do like about this product launch is that it is mojotone that is behind it, obviously mojotone supply a lot of the smaller boutique builders and have the parts to build most vintage amps, If this is the way they are going to go they could launch some interesting artist tweaked products.
  • There is a sort of amp in a box overdrive pedal as well. Snuck into the website, there is a Reverb demo of you venture onto YouTube. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I have never really listened to Rush either, so will put some on today to get a feel for what he was about.

The one thing I actually do like about this product launch is that it is mojotone that is behind it, obviously mojotone supply a lot of the smaller boutique builders and have the parts to build most vintage amps, If this is the way they are going to go they could launch some interesting artist tweaked products.
    To get a feel of what Alex is about. I’d ignore the records and go on YouTube. Live is very much where he shone. Rush In Rio, R30, Snakes & Arrows tours are to me his peak as a player. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2 said:

To get a feel of what Alex is about. I’d ignore the records and go on YouTube. Live is very much where he shone. Rush In Rio, R30, Snakes & Arrows tours are to me his peak as a player. 
    I would definitely add 'Exit: Stage Left' or the bonus full-show live set that's on discs 2 & 3 of the 'Moving Pictures' reissue, that's a classic era of the band's work.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thought he already had a Lerxst head?

• jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Thought he already had a Lerxst head?

Yeah but that’s an outright copy of a Marshall 2555. I think they were struggling to source spares so he had clones made. 
  • I was a big Rush fan in the late 80s and pretty much played their albums back to back.  At some point I realised there was other music  =) I still follow them and collect their albums & DVDs and wish I had a fraction of Alex's talent.

I don't think the amps are ugly, but visually, they don't really excite me.  I'm not really into the whole signature rhubarb though.

Don't let your mind post toastee - like a lot of my friends did!