Jimmy Corkhill

What's Hot
<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Comments

• Dean was a lovely guy. RIP
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I was a massive Brookie fan ... I recall Jimmy with fondness ... great character. Saddened by the news :anguished: 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11791
    Bloody cancer.  Bastard disease.  I loved Brookie back in the day.  RIP.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22929
    I  know a couple of guys at work, of around my age, who have either had prostate cancer or are being constantly monitored for it, so I avoided discussing the details of this story yesterday when the news broke.

Brookside was good back in the early days, although I remember thinking it was long overdue for the axe by the time they finally did put it out of its misery.  Poor old Dean Sullivan seemed to struggle a bit post-Brookside, I remember reading an interview where he was saying perhaps the Jimmy Corkhill character could be resurrected and turn up in another soap, which seemed rather sad.

Only 68, sad news.  RIP.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    Was looking forward to seeing him this New Year with the Kids at Southport Pantomine. Recently received a message saying he had to cancel.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7343
    Noooo
    There goes my pitch for a tv show. Jimmy Corkhill and Les Battersby going round the canals on a boat can only ever be a dream now.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    Was only talking about him yesterday when reminiscing about Brookie with my mum. Great character and nice bloke. RIP.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22929
    DefaultM said:
    There goes my pitch for a tv show. Jimmy Corkhill and Les Battersby going round the canals on a boat can only ever be a dream now.
    Add Jim McDonald and it could've been Three Men in a Boat.  I suppose really it should be someone from Eastenders, but Jim going "So it is" every few minutes would really add something.
    Philly_Q said:
    DefaultM said:
    Add Jim McDonald and it could've been Three Men in a Boat.  I suppose really it should be someone from Eastenders, but Jim going "So it is" every few minutes would really add something.
    That is indeed a much better show. I thought that Jim was still doing a stretch for robbing that bank, but it seems not!
  • Philly_Q said:
    I  know a couple of guys at work, of around my age, who have either had prostate cancer or are being constantly monitored for it, so I avoided discussing the details of this story yesterday when the news broke.

Brookside was good back in the early days, although I remember thinking it was long overdue for the axe by the time they finally did put it out of its misery.  Poor old Dean Sullivan seemed to struggle a bit post-Brookside, I remember reading an interview where he was saying perhaps the Jimmy Corkhill character could be resurrected and turn up in another soap, which seemed rather sad.

Only 68, sad news.  RIP.
    He used to be on City Talk radio in Liverpool at one time. 
  • RIP can’t believe it at all, such a great character