SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB wide range humbuckers

What's Hot
THR1LLHAU5THR1LLHAU5 Frets: 181
edited December 2023 in Guitars £
Hi folks! 

I've been WRHB curious for a number of years now but never had anything to put them in... Until this weekend, I picked up a Squier Tele Deluxe for a good price and after a fettle it plays really nicely. The downside is the Squier pickups sound absolutely pants, to my ear. 

Anyone looking to move on any wide range humbuckers? Being a bit niche they're naturally a bit costly new, so I thought I'd take a long shot at finding some used first. Surely one of you lovely lot has some lying around in a draw (or dare I say gathering dust in a guitar you don't play...if you're anything like me!).

Cheers,
Nathan 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'm selling an AVRI Tele Thinle with the new CuNiFes in it...

I also have a Squier Tele Deluxe, an earlier one with the Fender stamped pickups and jumbo frets. I agree that those sound a little lacklustre but my god does that guitar play nicely! Such a bargain.

I also have a Squier Tele Deluxe, an earlier one with the Fender stamped pickups and jumbo frets. I agree that those sound a little lacklustre but my god does that guitar play nicely! Such a bargain.
    That's lush, where's your ad???

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Haha, good sluething! It's on Facebook, haven't gotten around to posting it on here yet, bear with!
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15000
    On a Squier, I would consider Alegree Magma Plume humbuckers. Might be worth asking nicely for the bridge pickup to be slightly overwound. Say, +10%.

Proper CBS-era WRHBs would cost several times the price of the host guitar.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • On a Squier, I would consider Alegree Magma Plume humbuckers. Might be worth asking nicely for the bridge pickup to be slightly overwound. Say, +10%.

Proper CBS-era WRHBs would cost several times the price of the host guitar.
    Great shout. I'll look into that, thanks!

Mines a later one with the Squier stamped ones, I think they're just generic humbuckers under the big covers. 

The frets definitely aren't jumbo on the later ones judging by this one! Still plays great though! It's my first Classic Vibe and I think I understand the hype now. 

Mines a later one with the Squier stamped ones, I think they're just generic humbuckers under the big covers. 

The frets definitely aren't jumbo on the later ones judging by this one! Still plays great though! It's my first Classic Vibe and I think I understand the hype now. 
    Don't get me wrong, I'm almost certain the pickups under those covers are the same as the Squier ones!

Proper good guitars though.