Now NAD: Suhr Hedgehog 50 - (initial thoughts added)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• NerineNerine Frets: 2287

Onpar said:

Do you use the JCM800 with pedals?

How loud does it need to be cranked? 
    It doesn’t need to be deafening. It’s a master volume amp so you don’t need to run pedals with it to get gain or anything. I boost it with (currently) an MXR Duke Of Tone, and have some reverb and delay and whatnot in the loop. 

Not sure if that answers the question??
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Might be worth checking out a the Aynsley Lister Signature amp from Rift. I think it is based on Aynsley’s Marshall combo which in itself had some very unique circuitry. It’s sounds phenomenal
    That looks like a great package. Hell of a price and hell of a waiting list, though. Nearly £4K for the combo. 

Ceriatone do a 50w 2204 1x12 combo with FX loop. I’m not sure where I’d stand about getting one of those over though. 
  • OnparOnpar Frets: 427
    Nerine said:

Onpar said:

It doesn’t need to be deafening. It’s a master volume amp so you don’t need to run pedals with it to get gain or anything. I boost it with (currently) an MXR Duke Of Tone, and have some reverb and delay and whatnot in the loop. 

Yes that's great thank you. 

Didn't know if it needs to be super loud to get it sounded good.

I currently run a modded JVM on the clean channel with a be-od deluxe pedal for crunch and lead tones. I am thinking whether using a JCM800 in the same manner would be more awesome. 
    Onpar said:
    Nerine said:

Onpar said:

Yes that's great thank you. 

Didn't know if it needs to be super loud to get it sounded good.

I currently run a modded JVM on the clean channel with a be-od deluxe pedal for crunch and lead tones. I am thinking whether using a JCM800 in the same manner would be more awesome. 
    If you're using pedals for your gain sounds, I'd say that there are potentially better amps out there than Marshalls - that said, their clean sounds can be better/more usable than most give them credit for. 

Otherwise, I'd definitely be using the amp for the gain sounds and would have my pedals setup to boost those sounds rather than solely running the pedal into the clean channel.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom