I have (on loan)

What's Hot
mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I currently have on loan on of  @Juansolo s Suhr Riot clones.

It is an awesomes pedal. it seems to cover all the medium-high gain sounds that *a lot* of not-metal and some metal guitarists will love. Maybe not for a mid-scooped thrash rhythm tone, but covers everything else.

It really is an excellent pedal.

The pedal is on loan from @monquixote

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Good stuff, I think the the loaning of stuff not only shows a generous person and a trustworthy person, they're a really good pointer that a forum is a proper community :)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    frankus said:
    Good stuff, I think the the loaning of stuff not only shows a generous person and a trustworthy person, they're a really good pointer that a forum is a proper community :)

Monquixote has a couple of my pedals as well, so it's not all one-way. We've loaned each other pedals to try a couple of times.

I do have another pedal out with a different forumite (no names) on a longer term. (There is reasons, but not in public.)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    I just like it when forums start living in each others pockets :)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17888
    tFB Trader
    Have done all kinds of trading and swapping with Mike he's a good dude. 

I love the Riot one of my absolute favorite pedals. 

It wouldn't be available for loans other than the fact I don't really have any use for it with my current band. 

Haven't had a chance to get the delays Mike leant me out of the box yet :(
  • Possibility of having a loans type of sticky thread? For people to post requests, or to advertise stuff they have that isn't being used, but isn't necessarily for sale?

@monquixote is a good dude too, hence why I'm happy to loan him gear.

I'm pretty wary of loaning stuff out as I've had issues (not from here) in the past.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17888
    tFB Trader
    Just been having a play with the DD6 and Axle Grease that Mike lent me. 

The DD6 is exactly what I'd expect a nice solid digital sounding delay. I really liked the WARP mode it's really cool to hit a big note in a solo and then make it feedback. 

The Axle Grease was my favorite. For £60 it's a total bargain. Back to back with the Strymon El Cap I clearly prefered the more expensive pedal, but for a quarter the price it's a real steal. It reminded me a lot of the Mad Prof Deep Blue which is also a much more expensive pedal.

@monquixote, try turning the repeats up on the AG, it's mental.

For the cash it'll cover 95% of what 95% of guitarists want from an analogue delay.

The Boss is a decent digital delay, again for a reasonable price. Loads of variables, with loads of really good delay sounds.

Again, the 95% for 95% is a good pointer for what it'll do.

They're not the delay's for everyone, but if you want a decent delay for not much dollar, you could easily spend a lot more for a less good pedal.

• The axle grease does indeed kick arse, I did wonder if it was a deep blue type delay - digital chip, but very well voiced and (as @mike_l says) it behaves like a bucket brigade type, going into mad oscillations.

The dd6 is really nice too. But probably too much for me. I use a TC Repeater, but actually, I use the analogue mode with tap tempo and just a touch of modulation. I could live with the axle grease and, to be fair, it sounds as good as (better?) than the TC Repeater. I just love the sheer simplicity of the TC.

My favourite budget delay remains the digidelay. I literally have no idea why anyone would buy a digital joyo over a digidelay, it's awesome, the modulated mode is fun and ott (can't change modulation but whatever!), the analogue mode sounds ace, it's tap tempo (not the easiest, but come on, it's so cheap!), and it does the clean delay sounds, too.

That said, I've just saved a search for the visual sound axle grease... ;)