Help with embedding Imgur images into posts

I am having real real problems embedding Imgur images.  @Roland has kindly offered me excellent advice but unfortunately I appear not to be able to see what he is seeing; can't see any of the upload symbols across the bottom of the screen.  Not sure if this is due to the fact that I'm using a laptop rather than a tablet or phone?  I even opened another account in case I was using an old version but still no joy.

Any help or advice would be gratefully received!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8706
    How are you accessing imgur? Are you using the imgur App? I ask because the link you’ve posted in your TU advert appears to be for your imgur account, which other people can’t access https://guymerchant.imgur.com/all/
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27509
    edited December 2023

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Have a look at the link in my signature.  (Read the whole thread, as there's something I hadn't envisaged when I made the vid.)
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• Blimey, I'm not getting this together at all!  

I just tend to type in imgur.com when I want to get into my photos.  Not sure if that's the best option.  I am totally useless with my phone hence using the laptop.  

I simply cannot understand why I am unable to see the image links you posted in our last conversation.

Can I use the BBCode to upload individual links into a post?  These are the only options I see when I click n an image in Imgur:

Image Link

Copy

Direct Link

Copy

Markdown Link (reddit comments)

Copy

HTML (website / blogs)

Copy

BBCode (message boards & forums)

Copy

Linked BBCode (message boards)

Above photo posted from Imgur, desktop (or laptop!) version.

Using a laptop, Win11, Edge
    Login to your Imgur account
    From the menu, top right, select images
    From the thumbnail view of your images, click on the one that you want to post here
    That opens a window showing the image and a series of link options
    Select the "direct link" option - copy.
    Back to the forum's text box, click on the "attach image/file" icon - paste.

Done.

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You want to copy the Direct Link.  Then click the attachment tool (paper with folded corner at the top of your post) and paste the link there.

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• Wow!!!!  Thank you all so much....@Roland, @Jonathangus and @TTony. ; Worked first time.  Really do appreciate you help.....see image above!  :)
  • Before you get too excited, I'm currently on mobile, and I'm only seeing a link to click.  The usual reason for this is pasting the link into the body of the thread rather than using the attachment tool.

(The link works fine, but it's annoying for others who have to click multiple links.)

@Jonathangus - do you see the image that I posted?  That was via the attachment tool.
  • @TTony I do.  Another GSP body?

@Jonathangus - yes!
  • Before you get too excited, I'm currently on mobile, and I'm only seeing a link to click.  The usual reason for this is pasting the link into the body of the thread rather than using the attachment tool.

(The link works fine, but it's annoying for others who have to click multiple links.)
    I have just been in and edited the for sale post with images via the Direct Link.  I am hoping you will now be able to see the photos rather than a list of links?  I did exactly what you and TTony suggested and it seemed to work perfectly.  I can definitely see all the photos embedded in the  post and not a link in sight?  Maybe the person posting can but nobody else.......?
  • This is what I see on mobile:

• surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 133
    edited December 2023
    I have just been into Classifieds and FX and you are right @Jonathangus ;and @TTony, there is just a list of links.  How frustrating.  Seeing a long list of links drives me mad and I can rarely be bothered to click them when browsing myself.  

No idea where to go from here..................  
  • Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

• Here's the link above, viewed on mobile.  First one is via the attachment tool, second one is pasted into the body of the thread.

• surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 133
    edited December 2023
    Hi @Jonathangus ;;

Thanks so much for bearing with me.  I have now managed to get the upload tool to work and have just re-posted the photos and I am hoping that they are now there!!   

Just logged into Fretboard with my mobile and......joy!  The photos are there so hopefully that's it.

Thanks again guys, REALLY appreciate your help!  :)
  • @surfguy13 Bingo!

• @surfguy13 Bingo!
    Got there thank goodness.....I am sure it's totally down to my ineptitude.  :)