Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Gigging pedalboards/gear

What's Hot
joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
My name is Joseph Owen and I'm a bedroom guitarist... the first step is admission.  My drummer is away for 12 months and guitarist is working away at the moment too.  I don't really want to be in a covers band and I have a 3 month old baby so my Fender Deville is getting annoyed at me.  

I spend a lot of time buying/selling/wanting the next best pedal etc... but I have come to realise at a gig they all sort of sound the same a bit.  However if you like nice gear, you might as well play it right.  

So let us know what is on your boards and how you use it.  Pics not needed really, use this template:
I'll start (pretend my band is still active)

Band: Afterglow
Style: Original, Alt Rock
Guitar: Parker P44
Amp: Fender Deville 212
Pedalboard: Tu3 > Fv500h > Emma Reeza > Digitech Timebender > Spring Chicken

What have you got...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    joeyowen said:

What have you got...

Too many to mention..........And more than is necessary for the sane.........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    As ifffff you all have something better to do on a rainy evening?

Sure is lonley in here
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Mike, I just want you to know I posted that comment before yours came up... it sure does make me sound a twat right now haha

LOL

Now where shall I start..........

Phasers, that's where.

I'm down to the only ones which give the sound I think of when I think of phasers, the MXR phase 90, script logo is best.

Flange, again MXR, the Microlanger does the sounds I think of for a flanger.

Dirt, Hmm, let me see..........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• My "I'm actually playing out" board is:

Band: Nil
    Style: Misc mainly pop tbh when I'm out
    Guitar: Fender Strat s-s-s/Ibanez DY Jem (yup!)
    Amp: house amp, or my trusty Laney World Series 120w 2x12

Polytune > diamond compressor > X > Menatone Wreckt > MXR clean boost.

Where X is whatever pedal suits my mood. I'll sometimes have a wah in front.

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27082
    edited October 2014
    Oh dear. Let's see...

Style: Heavy rock originals
    Guitar: Jaden Rose Series 2 / Washburn N4 (soon to be retired in favour of another Jaden Rose creation)
    Amp: Soldano Decatone
    Board: Polytune -> Mooer Ninety Orange -> Boo Instruments Boost, Alter Ego -> Flashback in the loop

It's usually gigging-only (I have an Eleven Rack for home noodling/recording), although the full rig is currently set up in the office because you lot wanted clips of the amp...
    <space for hire>
  • simonbeckwithsimonbeckwith Frets: 215
    edited November 2014
    Band : Excellent Adventure

Style : Progressive Melodic Rock (original stuff only) https://excellentadventure.bandcamp.com/music

Guitar : Fender American Deluxe Tele

Amp : Orange Rocker 30 combo

Pedals : Tc Polytune Mini, 4114 Custom Effects Mystical Overdrive, Way Huge Saucy Box (awaiting arrival), Mxr Phase 90 and a Strymon Timeline.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    Since my band is also no longer really active, I'll play…

Band: The Angel Conversations
    Style: Female-fronted Alt-Rock, Dark Dream-Pop or something
    Guitar: PRS Standard 22
    Amp: Mesa Trem-o-verb
    Pedalboard: ZVex Fuzz Factory, Dunlop Cry Baby 535, DOD Envelope Filter, Boss Distortion-Feedbacker, Boss Octaver, Frantone Cream Puff, Boss TU-2, MXR Micro-Chorus, Boss DM-2 delay, Boss Phaser, Boss Flanger, Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe

Current gigging rig: an acoustic guitar, often borrowed.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2952

My metal band is basically dead, so I'll join in;

Band: Inanimus Theory

Style: Trad/Thrash Metal

Guitar: Lag "The Beauty", Charvel So-Cal

Amp: Carvin X100B

Pedalboard: Morley George Lynch wah > Korg Pitchblack Poly > Ibanez TS9 > ISP G-string. FX loop > ISP G-string > T-Rex Duck Tail > EHX LPB-1.

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471

Havent gigged yet, but early stages of a band...and what i'm using now would be my rig if I did gig

Band: Librarian

Style: Doom

Guitar: Edwards LPC, Ibanez Iceman

Amp: Marshall Super Bass ('74)

Pedalboard: Boss Volume > CAE Wah > Mini Polytune> EQD Grand Orbiter > BAT Quantum Mystic > EQD Ghost Echo > EQD Disaster Transporter Snr

There's a BAT Pharaoh on my board too, but for gigging I would take that off, as the QM does all the dirt I need...I also think I may need a small buffer at the front of the chain when I start using longer cables at gigs...or get a Boss tuner at the start of the chain.

• carloscarlos Frets: 3527
    Band: Improvisi
    Style: Free Jazz
    Guitar: early 90s Steinberger GR-4 w/ EMGs in HSH
    Amp: whatever the venue has, sometimes a Harley Benton amp sim (American/California boxes) straight to console
    Pedalboard: Ibanez volume pedal, distortion (WMD Geiger Counter or a cheap Rat copy), Mooer Reecho (not always)

I have nicer stuff at home but this is a fairly ironclad setup. With anything from 2 to 4 melodic instruments (saxes, trombone, violin) on stage there isn't much room for more guitar sound. It needs to be simple.

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    samzadgan said:

Havent gigged yet, but early stages of a band...and what i'm using now would be my rig if I did gig

:)) :))

Still makes me giggle...
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Drew_fx said:
    samzadgan said:

Still makes me giggle...
    you should take some ownership of that name.... 
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445

samzadgan said:
    Drew_fx said:
    samzadgan said:

Still makes me giggle...
    you should take some ownership of that name.... 
    lol, why?!

Here is what I'm rocking right now:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/630473/BoardDesigns/VHT_M9.jpg
  • Band: Doesn't have an official name but is my church worship band
    Style: Worship music
    Guitar: One of the following: Strat copy, Lite AshTele, Faith Neptune Trembessi acoustic or Breedlove acoustic
    Amp: Acoustics into PA and electric into Laney Cub 10
    Pedalboard: Buffer > Polytune > Boss Super Octave > Boo Instruments Chorus > MXR Phase 90 > EHX Holy Stain > Mooer Blues Crab Overdrive > Hardwire RV8 > TC Nova Delay
  • samzadgan;388437" said:
    Havent gigged yet, but early stages of a band...and what i'm using now would be my rig if I did gigBand: LibrarianStyle: Doom Guitar: Edwards LPC, Ibanez IcemanAmp: Marshall Super Bass ('74)Pedalboard: Boss Volume > CAE Wah > Mini Polytune> EQD Grand Orbiter > BAT Quantum Mystic > EQD Ghost Echo > EQD Disaster Transporter SnrThere's a BAT Pharaoh on my board too, but for gigging I would take that off, as the QM does all the dirt I need...I also think I may need a small buffer at the front of the chain when I start using longer cables at gigs...or get a Boss tuner at the start of the chain.
    I want to have a sordid weekend away with your gear.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Bands: Blinkwatch and Playback
    Style: Both pub/party covers
    Guitar: Gibson Les Paul Trad Pro 2, Fender MIM Stat and Tele, Charvel So Cal (any 2 of those at each gig depending on my mood)
    Amp: Blackstar HT50
    Pedalboard: CAE Wah > TU3 > Catalinbread Formula 5F6 > EHX Soul Food > TC Spark Booster > Whirlwind Orange Box Phaser >
    MXR Micro Chorus > MXR Carbon Copy > TC Hof Mini > TC Ditto Looper
  • Cool thread.

Band: The Bill
    Style: Police covers band
    Guitar: Musicman Axis Super Sport
    Amp: Peavey Classic 30
    Pedalboard: BYOC OD2 > Carl Martin DC Drive > Zoom G3x
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
    Guitar: Gibson Les Paul Trad Pro 2, Fender MIM Stat and Tele, Charvel So Cal (any 2 of those at each gig depending on my mood)
    Pedalboard: CAE Wah > TU3 > Catalinbread Formula 5F6 > EHX Soul Food > TC Spark Booster > Whirlwind Orange Box Phaser >

This weeks set-up?

:P

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    mike_l said:

This weeks set-up?

:P
    I've been pretty static now for months ;-) Although I might swap the Micro Chorus with the newly acquired Analogue Chorus to give that a good try.