SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Fender Masterbuilt '63 Jason Smith Heavy Relic

What's Hot
WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9834
edited December 2023 in Guitars £
Do I, don't I, Do I, don't I ???

Bought new by me from the top man that is Doug at Coda Music. I wanted a Candy Apple Red, and Coda ordered this as a special one-off Limited Edition, with the amazing gold sparkle. I'd missed a CAR before, and waited some time for this to land. Best Strat I've played, including many vintage.

Historically interesting in a few ways this one;

Firstly, made by Jason Smith - son of the legend Dan Smith, who helped to save Fender.

Secondly, the pick ups are genuine Abigail Ybarra - worth a small fortune in their own right. She worked with Leo, and joined Fender as a teenager. Hand wired the pick ups for decades...

No issues, plays fantastically and has the original luxury case, outer box it arrived in, and all the candy. This will be an emotional sale, and I'd prefer to meet up for obvious reasons. I've never used the case, and it's been stored since new.

For single coils now, I tend to use my Broadcaster, so maybe it's time to move this on and scratch the 335 itch...

Consistently increasing in value, with most Masterbuilt's now hitting the 5 figure mark new.

Time Traveller spec sheet shown below. How to value ? One sold recently on here for £5k and this has that special provenance.

£5,099 ono.

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments