Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Pain from three notes per string ...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Is it just me or do other 'old gets' get large amount of left hand pain from trying to use three note per string scales?
    Fingers crossed
     I see what you did there
    My youtube music channel is here My youtube aviation channel is here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If Django could do it with two fingers, I bet I can do it 50% faster with 3.
    "I've got the moobs like Jabba".
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10564
    tFB Trader
    Lol 

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• If you're practising this sitting down it ain't gonna get easier standing up....unless you strap your les paul way up high. Careful you don't get repetitive strain injury. 
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10564
    tFB Trader
    If you're practising this sitting down it ain't gonna get easier standing up....unless you strap your les paul way up high. Careful you don't get repetitive strain injury. 
    I actually seldom if ever play sitting down ... it's the old metalhead in me 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4648
    Yes and it's took me two months of 10mins practice every night before it stopped hurting. Now try it legato style, add another month.
  • GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 745
    It's an overly bent wrist on the fretting hand in the lower frets that's my problem with 3NPS.

I have a 27 inch scale, which was too much for 3NPS and caused me to use a wrist split.

You can see clearly the overly bent wrist on the fretting hand in this video of me playing a short bit of Cello.

"Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1727
    One thing I can recommend which was a revelation to me was investing £100 in to a Performaxe guitar rest.

It felt expensive at the outset, but actually it’s less than people spend on pedals or even pickups.

It positions the guitar at the perfect position and angle when sitting to allow your left hand to fall naturally and comfortably in place for practice.

It was recommended to me by my teacher/Jedi Master (Martin Goulding) and I can 100% confirm that for me it was worth the price. 

It has helped me increase my stamina during structure practice and taken a lot of strain and awkwardness out of my posture with the guitar on my lap.

If you bought one and hated it, someone would buy it for practically the price of a new one because they are in short supply.
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom