SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted: PRS McCarty (regular, Soapbar, 594, hollowbody all considered)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I like the look of this one and I think its a fair price - Mark is both on here and a Gent to deal with, I've bought two McCartys from him:

I like the older McCarty pickups rather than the 85/15 LT, not that they are not good too :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlunAlun Frets: 135
    I like the look of this one and I think its a fair price - Mark is both on here and a Gent to deal with, I've bought two McCartys from him:

I like the older McCarty pickups rather than the 85/15 LT, not that they are not good too :)
    Thanks for the link - very fair price and looks in great condition - but don’t like the colour at all! Will keep an eye on the store. There’s even a 594 Soapbar, but sadly again not my kinda colour, just not a fan of those amber/burst type finishes. 
  • Alun said:
    I like the look of this one and I think its a fair price - Mark is both on here and a Gent to deal with, I've bought two McCartys from him:

Thanks for the link - very fair price and looks in great condition - but don’t like the colour at all! Will keep an eye on the store. There’s even a 594 Soapbar, but sadly again not my kinda colour, just not a fan of those amber/burst type finishes. 
    Sure thing - I quite like the burst on that - what sort of colour are you looking for?

edited December 2023

Sure thing - I quite like the burst on that - what sort of colour are you looking for?

Charcoal, faded whale blue, goldtop, trampas green, those kind things. Love natural backs and scraped binding on PRS. Some of the wood library colours like the gradient fades, river blue, copperhead. A few of the darker shades like black gold are nice too. Actually like solid colours too, especially when they still have a natural back. 

But, with all that said, I have a suspicion I might have found the one elsewhere, so fingers crossed…will mark the thread as closed if all goes well
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2269
    I had a 594 in Copperhead with artist pack, sold it a few months ago, shame as it might have been right up your street I let it go for £3k (it's now on FB marketplace for £4800!)

I still have a few left, and a 594 Singlecut Wood Library in Faded whale blue with solid rosewood neck and 10 top quilt which I keep toying with selling.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Alun said:

Charcoal, faded whale blue, goldtop, trampas green, those kind things. Love natural backs and scraped binding on PRS. Some of the wood library colours like the gradient fades, river blue, copperhead. A few of the darker shades like black gold are nice too. Actually like solid colours too, especially when they still have a natural back. 

But, with all that said, I have a suspicion I might have found the one elsewhere, so fingers crossed…will mark the thread as closed if all goes well
    Those all sound nice too - pictures when you get one in here please :)

andy1839 said:
    I had a 594 in Copperhead with artist pack, sold it a few months ago, shame as it might have been right up your street I let it go for £3k (it's now on FB marketplace for £4800!)

I still have a few left, and a 594 Singlecut Wood Library in Faded whale blue with solid rosewood neck and 10 top quilt which I keep toying with selling.

^ Amazing top on that!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2269
    edited December 2023
    Alun said:

Those all sound nice too - pictures when you get one in here please

andy1839 said:

^ Amazing top on that!

Thanks!  
    The 594 AP was also a stunner.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    andy1839 said:

Ah damn, yeah that would have been right up my street - and that singlecut is amazing!