SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Heavily modded Gibson LP Studio 2018 - £750

What's Hot
NCoNCo Frets: 168
edited February 27 in Guitars £

Hi everyone,

After over a year on the sidelines, my transition to Stratocasters has been complete. Bought a 2nd Strat, my dream Fiesta red with Rosewood, so this is just picking up dust.

Up for grabs is my 2018 Gibson Les Paul Studio in Vintage Sunburst with an original hard case (made in Canada). 2018 came in with a bound neck which feels amazing when playing and the stock Gibson Classic 57/57+ pickups. 

Overall the guitar is in very good condition, although I will class it as players grade to be on the safe side and avoid misunderstandings. The frets are in excellent condition. The guitar had the PCB replaced and was rewired using quality components with 2 push-pulls - 1 is a master coil split and the other is out of phase. The bridge pickup reads at 8.25 and the neck around 8.

The guitar was sent to Feline Guitars over a year ago setup, fret dress, electronics check, Faber bridge installation and a new nut.

The guitar had a few changes made:

1. Unbleached bone nut installed.
  2. Chrome Nashville was replaced with a Faber nickel ABR1.
  3. Chrome tailpiece and studs replaced with solid steel nickel studs and aluminium tailpiece in nickel.
  4. Schaller strap locks.
  5. Switch wiring replaced.
  6. PCB was taken off and replaced with 4 CTS SSS pots bought from Six String Supplies: 2 CTS 500 DPDT pots, and 2 regular CTS 500 pots. Additionalluy 2 0.022 PIO caps were installed of different types - I bought 2 identical caps but one snapped during installation.
  7. Grover for Grover tuner replacement (chrome to nickel).
  8. Hipshot tulip buttons replaced the kidney buttons for a vintage look.
  9. Pickup covers taken off.
  10. Cream plastic rings and a washer replaced the black parts.
  11. Gold top hat knobs.
  12. Nickel knob pointers.
  13. Blank truss rod cover.
  14. Amber tip.
  15. Setup, wiring fix, fret dress, nut and bridge installation by Feline Guitars.

Comprehensive cosmetic overview:

1. Pickguard holes were filled but still visible.
  2. Another small mark where the pickguard screw rested against the top.
  3. Small ding in the top of the headstock.
  4. Regular swirl marks on top and back.
  5. The back has 1 or 2 superficial scratches but plenty of light swirls/
  6. A small paint chip around the back plate.

I tried to be as picky as possible with major cosmetic details, but the guitar was played and therefore has swirls and such, so will be listed as player's grade even though it's in a much better condition. One of the latches in the case feels off but the case closes perfectly. Feel free to ask any questions or ask for more images.

Pickup from SE London, feel free to come and plug it in. Will consider posting for additional cost but buyer assumes all responsibility.

£850 Now £750 collected.

Older images here, please feel free to ask for any other image you need:

https://imgur.com/a/jlasCPG

Thanks for reading!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments