Wind power

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• hungrymarkhungrymark Frets: 1782
    Sambostar said:
    I inclined to of agree with you.  People object to bonfires on the grounds that they release so much carbon, locked up in biomass straight away.  Now I can sympathise with the local pollution and stink but not the carbon issue.  These people think they are doing the right thing by putting out their green waste bin for a truck that does less than a [pound a mile in diesel and dump it on a green waste tip, where it is shredded and made into compost.  In about 6-8 weeks it has released the same amount of carbon as the bonfire.
    Green waste just isn't an issue, whether it goes to a green waste tip or a bonfire, because it only releases as much carbon dioxide as the plants absorbed in the first place. Carbon neutral.
    Use Your Brian
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15768
    yup, though apparently it is an issue if you cut down a 500 year old oak cos you want a bit of firewood!!!

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• But as long as you plant 5 oak trees to replace it you will have captured the carbon you have used in 100 years.

We should actually all be planting very fast growing bamboo. There are some species that can grow upto 1m a day. Boy do they capture CO2.

We should also all be using new paper made from sustainable forests, loads of trees to capture the carbon which will still exist in the form of paper