SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Ibanez RG331M/hardtail superstrat with maple board

What's Hot
RustyShacklefordRustyShackleford Frets: 56
edited December 2023 in Guitars £
Quite fancy a hardtail superstrat with a maple fretboard but no one seems to make em. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • These were always thin on the ground they did them in yellow too 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14836
    These were always thin on the ground they did them in yellow too 
    Speaking of thin, I briefly owned an orange RG331M. I can not remember whether I strung it .009-042 or .010-046 but, either way, its neck was unstable under the string tension. The person to whom I sold the 331 did not keep it very long either.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RustyShacklefordRustyShackleford Frets: 56
    edited December 2023
    These were always thin on the ground they did them in yellow too 
    Speaking of thin, I briefly owned an orange RG331M. I can not remember whether I strung it .009-042 or .010-046 but, either way, its neck was unstable under the string tension. The person to whom I sold the 331 did not keep it very long either.
    Maybe a QC issue?  s I haven't heard of other Ibanezs with Wizard necks having stability issues.
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1105
    Quite fancy a hardtail superstrat with a maple fretboard but no one seems to make em.
    PMT have a pair of these in 2nd hand on evilbay @ £245 if your still on the look out?

one in yellow and another in orange. be quick!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gizmo said:
    PMT have a pair of these in 2nd hand on evilbay @ £245 if your still on the look out?

one in yellow and another in orange. be quick!

Awesome, thanks for the heads up! Just ordered the orange one.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4343
    Congratulations man ,it’s amazingly rare to see one come up for sale let alone two 
      Well done Gizmo for spotting them 
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1105

Gratz, i look forward to your NGD, hope to hear if it was worth the wait/hold out to get one :)
    Congratulations man ,it’s amazingly rare to see one come up for sale let alone two 

Im pretty sure that like a fair few others (yourself inc) that i take note of these types of WTB threads because they are the kind of guitars id buy myself (im on a buying ban atm due to just getting a new puppy in the house!)  so when i saw them pop up they trigger my "oh a guy on FB wanted one of those" brain cells ;) as i recall you yourself were/are still on the look out for an ibby rg550 Genesis ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4343
    Gizmo said:

Gratz, i look forward to your NGD, hope to hear if it was worth the wait/hold out to get one :)

Im pretty sure that like a fair few others (yourself inc) that i take note of these types of WTB threads because they are the kind of guitars id buy myself (im on a buying ban atm due to just getting a new puppy in the house!)  so when i saw them pop up they trigger my "oh a guy on FB wanted one of those" brain cells ;) as i recall you yourself were/are still on the look out for an ibby rg550 Genesis ;)

I got a beauty of a 550 off here before Xmas  from an excellent fretboard member which I am chuffed to bits with 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom