NAD - Not Really Exciting But Very Surprising

gubblegubble Frets: 1764

I've got my Jet City for Live use so needed something small and fun for home.

Money being very tight I've ended up getting up S/H Mk1 Line 6 Spider 112.

I have to say i'm really surprised how good this thing is. Ok it's not the best or most up to date modelling amp & looks a bit naff. But having a play with it last night I'm impressed just how good it sounds. Perfect for what I need at home and loud enough if I want to take it to rehearsal.

The guy i bought it from was a top bloke too. A canadian Black Sabbath fan who had lots of good stories. Stayed and chatted to him for a while too.

£50 well spent I feel.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• There You go! As long as You're happy with it mate. £50 is a great price for any amp that creates tones other than annoying ones :) HNAD
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2387
    Nice :D
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16307
    I think they have some good sounds. The only problem with them is that they get taken out the house and used on gigs at which point:
    a) they completely dissapear in the mix
    b) some of the sounds are over processed and sound gash in a band context ( if you can hear it in the first place).

I remember using one of the big Spiders in a rehearsal room and having an ace clean sound that really worked well in the band and then completely dissapearing when I used any distortion.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.