SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WITHDRAWN Vox AC15C1 Vintage Black with Celestion Blue

pottolompottolom Frets: 115
edited January 8 in Amps £
Vox AC15C1 for sale, excellent condition - never gigged, light home use only.

It's a limited edition in Vintage Black, with all JJ tubes. 

I've made a couple of upgrades:
- Reverb tank upgraded to a MOD spring reverb unit (as recommended in various places online: much better and more usable than stock)
- Stock ceramic speaker replaced with a proper Celestion Blue alnico

The Celestion Blue basically takes it up to AC15C1X spec, although this is a little nicer as I believe the C1X has a Chinese-made Vox-branded blue, whereas mine is a proper Celestion-branded blue (which I think are made in the UK?).

Also comes with a proper Vox dust cover, and a Vox VFS2A footswitch.

The speaker is 8 ohm. I had a couple of blues and found the 8 ohm one I had sounded a little better in this amp.

It's a fantastic amp, but I'd prefer a Fender.

In terms of value: AC15C1 is £629, Celestion Blue is £239, I think the reverb tank was about £40, the dust cover is £31 and the footswitch about £40. Or an AC15C1X is £969.

So, £500 seems a really good price, or willing to trade for a Fender amp in a similar ballpark price-wise (Princeton, Deluxe Reverb, Twin. Will consider either full-fat or Tonemaster versions. Can add some cash your way for the right amp as I realise some of these options are valued more highly than mine).

I'm in Newcastle Upon Tyne. It's a very heavy amp, so it might be easier for someone to collect, or me to deliver. If you're some distance away, I could meet someone halfway within a two hour or so drive of here.

Will take photos in next few days, but for now here's a photo I took from the web of an identical amp in the same Vintage Black colour as mine:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments