SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB fender av59 strat or av52 tele

What's Hot
Delaware_123Delaware_123 Frets: 92
edited December 2023 in Guitars £
Hey guys, so recently picked up a 2012 American vintage 64 reissue tele and it’s a great guitar. Looking to try some other guitars from this series 2012 to 2017. mainly looking for the av59 in either faded sonic blue or sherwood green. Also looking for the 52 reissue tele from this series. If anyone’s got anything they might be looking to part with in the coming months please get in touch. 

Thanks 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Should say I’m in Bristol but happy to travel for the right guitar 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14816
    PEDANTRY CORNER

You need to be more precise with your Fender acronyms.

It is not difficult to deduce that, by AVRI'59, you actually mean AV'59 because there is no such thing as an AVRI'59.

Where it gets critical is with the '52 style Telecaster. The AVRI and AV are physically different in several respects. Most noticeably, the neck profile, the pickups and the finish.

I have an AVRI'52 that I am willing to sell but I suspect that you desire the AV'52.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PEDANTRY CORNER

It is not difficult to deduce that, by AVRI'59, you actually mean AV'59 because there is no such thing as an AVRI'59.

Where it gets critical is with the '52 style Telecaster. The AVRI and AV are physically different in several respects. Most noticeably, the neck profile, the pickups and the finish.

I have an AVRI'52 that I am willing to sell but I suspect that you desire the AV'52.
    Hey yes sorry, I’m talking about the series that were made between 2012 and 2017 which I think is the av59 and av52 amongst others 
  • PEDANTRY CORNER

PEDANTRY CORNER

They aren’t acronyms.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Post now slightly edited to hopefully make more sense 
  • Bump 
  • Bump
  • CasperCasterCasperCaster Frets: 763
    edited December 2023
    PEDANTRY CORNER

It could be worse - the thread could have been posted in the general 'Guitar' discussions section rather than in the classifieds section..... ;)

• PEDANTRY CORNER

It could be worse - the thread could have been posted in the general 'Guitar' discussions section rather than in the classifieds section..... ;)

Well spotted, now added to classifieds also. Cheers 
  • Bump
  • Hey guys, so recently picked up a 2012 American vintage 64 reissue tele and it’s a great guitar. Looking to try some other guitars from this series 2012 to 2017. mainly looking for the av59 in either faded sonic blue or sherwood green. Also looking for the 52 reissue tele from this series. If anyone’s got anything they might be looking to part with in the coming months please get in touch. 

Thanks 
    What's your. budget?  I saw a '52 Tele from Fullerton this morning. 1982.   £2250.  Older gentleman selling it.

• RobG3294RobG3294 Frets: 477
    Hey guys, so recently picked up a 2012 American vintage 64 reissue tele and it’s a great guitar. Looking to try some other guitars from this series 2012 to 2017. mainly looking for the av59 in either faded sonic blue or sherwood green. Also looking for the 52 reissue tele from this series. If anyone’s got anything they might be looking to part with in the coming months please get in touch. 

Thanks 
    What's your. budget?  I saw a '52 Tele from Fullerton this morning. 1982.   £2250.  Older gentleman selling it.

Wrong series of Guitars as OP stated earlier in the thread mate
  • RobG3294 said:

Thanks 

Sorry mate.  Just trying to be helpful......
  • RobG3294RobG3294 Frets: 477
    RobG3294 said:

Thanks 

Sorry mate.  Just trying to be helpful......
    I know man :) 
  • Well, a reasonably good price anyway. Just seen it hasn’t got the ohsc, but a snakeskin (!!) one instead. Still, guitar itself looks banging. 
  • Bump, still looking