Hendrix-like fuzz for under £100 brand new?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• soma1975 said:
    camelfish said:
    Dave_Mc said:
    soma1975 said:
    Another good cheap maker on Ebay is websmurfer- I haven't tried his Fuzz Face but his treble booster was very nice. As long as you don't get into a bidding war with someone else, they're usually under £30! Not sure how he does them so cheap... EDIT: He seems to be away over the holidays... looking through his completed listings I don't see a Fuzz Face, I'm not actually sure if he does one or not, I just sort of assumed he would!

(Those camelfish ones look very nice, they don't ship to Northern Ireland unfortunately or I'd probably try one!)

Sorry, didn't realise that Northern Ireland or the Scottish Highlands was not set up on my ebay delivery - now changed
    Cheers
    Camelfish
    Didn't know you were on here mate. Absolutely love your treble booster I bought from you. Recently took it to a Fretboard meetup and had it up loud and it was widely appreciated. Great stuff!

Hello, only joined since I saw your comments on here, so thanks for the postive words, much appreciated. Cheers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NCoNCo Frets: 160
    camelfish said:
    Dave_Mc said:
    soma1975 said:
    Another good cheap maker on Ebay is websmurfer- I haven't tried his Fuzz Face but his treble booster was very nice. As long as you don't get into a bidding war with someone else, they're usually under £30! Not sure how he does them so cheap... EDIT: He seems to be away over the holidays... looking through his completed listings I don't see a Fuzz Face, I'm not actually sure if he does one or not, I just sort of assumed he would!

(Those camelfish ones look very nice, they don't ship to Northern Ireland unfortunately or I'd probably try one!)

Sorry, didn't realise that Northern Ireland or the Scottish Highlands was not set up on my ebay delivery - now changed
    Cheers
    Camelfish

This thread is exactly what I was looking for, with the extra requirement of top mounted jacks.

Camel, I assume that your Face of Fuzz is the Hendrix FF pedal? Any idea when it'll be back in stock?

Cheers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1411
    Wehell lookie here. We've got ourelves a lil' Fuzzface corral happenin' ... yee haw!

I don't know why I just did that.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ah, the "Face of Fuzz" pedal  I no longer produce. It was a Germanium Standard gain FF pedal using OC45 and OC81D transistors. I tend to make a short run and then move on to something a little differant. I think the general feeling is that the first Hendrix pedal (before he moved to silicon) was a low gain Germanium.
  • Also meant to say that there is an LG on ebay at the moment.
  • PabcranePabcrane Frets: 489
    JamesC01 said:
    soma1975 said:
    Isn't the actual blue Dunlop mini Hendrix fuzz often found around that price?

If so it's excellent. Best of the non boutiques and can hang with them.  
    Thanks, but they're like £130 second hand, £170 new. I'm looking for something that's probably max £100, mainly leaning towards the lower end around £50-£70. There's some cheaper ones, like the TC rusty fuzz, which looks decent for £40, but I might be better off getting someone for more.
    I don't have the Rusty Fuzz or Honey Pot fuzz but I do have a few of the pedals from that series. If you're worried about buying disposable rubbish I've used them for a number of years on a few different boards or just loose on the floor, transported in a racksack and haven't had any issues with any of them breaking (though I'm not as hard on gear as various bandmates seem to be I don't coddle stuff).

The only thing I am mindfully careful with these pedals is plugging and unplugging the DC power, just a bit gentle - the socket doesn't seem to mounted to case so I assume it is only mounted to the PCB. But as I say, I haven't had any issues this far - but I've never looked inside one (not that I would be able to tell anything by doing that anyway!)

Do you know if the Rusty Fuzz is a Fuzz Face? I'm pretty sure the Honey Pot is a Big Muff so that would make sense. If you do try one, let us know, I'd be interest to hear if it is any good.
  • PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 853
    I have a Dunlop germanium mini fuzz face you can have for £95 delivered 
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
  • SparksSparks Frets: 29
    edited February 15
    Just ordered a high-gain Fuzz Face from you because of the tip on here, @camelfish ;
  • Much Appreciated, sent this morning