Wilko Johnson and Roger Daltrey dong an album together

What's Hot
As per the title he wants to record a non maudlin/morbid album before he goes.

Could be interesting and hopefully he will have the time left to finish it.

http://www.contactmusic.com/story/wilko-johnson-records-music-with-roger-daltrey_3872248

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/going-out/music/wilko-johnson-recording-farewell-album-2281499
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• wilko's an absolute legend. my friends band once played a local gig supporting him. i was lucky enough to be there for the full day including soundcheck.

he turned up with that tele in a beat to shit gig bag and was nothing but polite, professional and bloody friendly every minute we saw him. had time for everyone and chatted to us like friends.

will always have love and respect for that man. fucking killed it in the evening as well! legend 

How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Absolutely spot on.

I never met him personally but a few friends did back in the late 70's and they said he was a true gent and as they were guitarists he was happy to shoot the breeze about his playing along wiht general guitar chat.

It is a good idea but if it were possible I wold have preferred a collabs album with a range of fellow artists, like more of the OIl City bands/artists too. Add in some of his living influences for good measure.

That I reckon would be totally awesome and a fitting send off for the dude.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Unfamiliar with his music, but what a guy.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3957
    Good news. I love both of these guys.
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1284
    johnnyurq said:
    It is a good idea but if it were possible I wold have preferred a collabs album with a range of fellow artists, like more of the OIl City bands/artists too. Add in some of his living influences for good measure.

A part of me thinks this, another part thinks "...but it's *Roger* freaking *Daltrey*...!!".

Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • No argument there @JayGee.
    :D
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13577
    will the band be called

Dr  Who  
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Haha if it isn't it should be.
  • Im seeing Wilko tonight atthe Oysterfleet, as it goes.

I did hear a while back that he was recording an album with a whole host of 'admirers' wonder if this is that but misreported?!

Gonna miss him when he goes, love his canvey gigs...

Funny I saw him last week walking down southend high street, and not one person even so much as batted an eyelid yet he was still dressed in his black suit and shirt combo...  Felt a bit sorry for him but then I noticed he was walking tall, head and shoulders back - looking like the proudest guy onthe planet.  Later found out he was going ot the local PMT to sign a few of his Teles for charity
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom