Optomistic Ebay Ad Of The Day

What's Hot
gubblegubble Frets: 1770

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vox-V810-V-810-Valve-Tone-Overdrive-Guitar-Effects-Pedal-/201176810051?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ed7128243

I remember when these were new & i'm sure they go for about £30 today.

I could be wrong though

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    He put vintage in caps, must be legit.

Did you ever see the Dano TOD V1s go for £60 something because they were not produced any more.

I get that supply and demand affects price, but some people are mad
  • I think these have mojo because someone famous uses one, it might be the guy from Interpol, but this does seem a bit steep - it does look nice though.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    hang-on, are you saying that there is a person on the internet doing something you disagree with?

Is that really possible?

Is that a thing?

can people do that?

something you don't think they should?

that's really selfish, it might have repercussions for you, that thing they're doing that you disagree with..

grrrr. sometimes those selfish people just burn me up.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • They were £25 new, I remeber buying the few of the range.

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9777
    The price of these peaked a few years ago when they were thought of as "magic", but went through the floor when people realised they were simply a TS circuit. Possibly the first TS clones that had a proper footswitch and a LED that wasn't red?

I found one in a tiny shop in the USA a few years ago for $35 when they were still going on ebay for £100+, kicking myself I didn't buy it.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73048
    Possibly the first TS clones that had a proper footswitch and a LED that wasn't red?
    No, they have a shit footswitch which breaks.

That is my only experience of them...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9777
    Yes, what I meant was "a footswitch which looks like a proper 3PDT footswitch".
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73048
    Yes, what I meant was "a footswitch which looks like a proper 3PDT footswitch".
    Same thing! :)

All modern mechanical footswitches - including 3PDTs - are inherently shit compared to either the old Carling-type heavy duty DPDTs, or the electronic buffered switching used in a proper Tube Screamer.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• It's all getting very silly I noticed a Joyo vintage overdrive being listed for £499 the other day. I hope it was a typo and was supposed to be £4.99