SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Beardsell Equs Masterbuilt - ~ Mega Bargain Price ~. SOLD

What's Hot
CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4318
edited January 12 in Guitars £
Amazing guitar from one of the most innovative luthiers around. This would be well over £5k to order something like this, so opportunity to get into that kind of guitar for USA standard Strat sort of money.

Absolutely incredible build quality on this guitar, sounds amazing. Beautiful wood everywhere. Body made with sinker Wild Cashew wood, dredged from an area of Panama Canal during expansion, so likely originally cut in late 1800’s. Lovely Madagascar RW fretboard. It plays absolutely effortlessly and sounds lovely, highly resonant, really excels with some drive tones as you would expect. I was contemplating putting some Firebird pickups in it, just because it seems like a guitar that would love them, but too many projects to actually get round to it…

Check out his stuff here: https://www.beardsellguitars.com/imagine-the-possibilities

I would love to keep this, but had an influx of all kinds of gear and really much more focused on single coil guitars primarily, so a few things are going up for sale. Condition is very good, a few little dings here and there, so not a case queen, but nothing to detract from how lovely it is. 
  • Birdseye Sugar Maple top
  • Very old Wild Sinker Cashew chambered body
  • Mahogany neck
  • Madagascar rosewood fingerboard
  • 24.9" scale
  • Nickel frets
  • Bigsby B-5 Vibrato taipiece
  • Dark polished Tort pick guard 
  • 3 handwound mini-humbuckers - neck /bridge on 3-way switch, middle series overdrive tone pot push/pull in/out)
  • Gotoh 510 tuners
  • OHSC
  • Weight 6.5lbs
There is also a Shaller roller bridge that this originally came with, but frankly you would be mad to put it back on, it is night and day with the Nashville bridge that is on it. I also took off the roller bar from the bigsby as felt this gave the perfect break angle to the bridge, it sets up brilliantly either way, but I have often done this on Bigsby equipped guitars and like the results personally. The roller it’s included in the case if you want to try things out both ways.

Total and utter bargain for a guitar of this quality at £1,695 £1,550   £1,425 delivered.  SOLD

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Not much use to you but that looks absolutely lovely . I don’t usually like fretboards without markers but when the rosewood looks that nice it makes perfect sense 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4318
    Thanks Dr C. It is a beautiful instrument. Actually I would tend to agree re. fretboard markers, but the ones that this does have, positioned to the side (as you suggest, to not spoil the lovely wood), really do work from a players perspective, I think because they actually touch up against a fret and give immediate sense of where you are. Definitely way better than just having side dots.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CastroCastro Frets: 553
    This was originally my guitar which I purchased directly from Al Beardsell. He's a mad genius - check out his website - who also makes wonderful acoustic guitars.

This Equus is wonderful and only left me because, try as I might, I can't get on with a Bigsby.

If you do like a Bigsby, you should consider this guitar. Lovely neck, great tones from Al's own mini humbuckers and boy does it look good. Masterbuilt quality for mass-production price.

GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • pjfpjf Frets: 347
    It’s insane how many people can’t look past a “Fender” or “Gibson” on the headstock, not that those who have seen the light will be complaining – absolute bargain here for someone!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 3
    Thanks for the positive comments guys.
    Someone is going to be very very happy with it, especially for this sort of money!
    Bump and total bargain price. Hard to believe would be possible to find a better guitar for this £.
  • StephenBStephenB Frets: 75
    That is an absolute beauty!! If someone would hurry up and buy my PRS (sexy guitar, someone buy it please) I would be on this so fast!
    Reduce to £1,425. I don’t think I have ever seen a guitar this good for so little money.   :)