SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Tom Anderson HDTC, James Trussart Steelmaster

What's Hot
damm73damm73 Frets: 358
edited April 14 in Guitars £
Tom Anderson Hollow Drop Top Classic from 2008, bought new by me in 2009. 

EDIT: folder of pics is here... https://photos.app.goo.gl/VW2k3CPYFb5EHwzZ9

Used to gig this from when I got it to about 2013 so it does have some light buckle rash and dings, which are very difficult to photograph with the gloss finish.  It has had home use only since then and has zero fret wear that I can detect, which is testament to the steel frets.

I stick to my home made partscasters for gigging these days so this is sitting unused and I am resolved to letting go of everything I'm not using. 

All specs available here https://www.andersonguitarworks.com/serial-number-search/ (05-21-08N)

I've installed Wilkinson locking WLS130 saddles but will restore the originals or you can keep the Wilkinsons for an extra £70.

£2100 delivered. Collection available if you're in the neighbourhood (you won't be )

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nt4MnafoSdQpqggA6

Next up is a 2014 Trussart Steelmaster and again I'm the original owner. It's a total case queen, and is as mint as the day I got it.  Amazing sounding guitar but I've always been terrified of dinging it, which is ridiculous (and also why I like relics) so it's time it went to live with someone who can enjoy it without stressing about such things. 

Unusual wiring in that the Arcane JM pickups at neck and bridge are controlled by a 3way switch and master vol and tone and the other pot is for blending in the middle P90. 

Comes in G+G case with all original case candy including oem allen keys for the mastery . 

£3000 delivered.

Open to offers but no trades please. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tRH6VR8MMP2jbtFp8

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• damm73damm73 Frets: 358
    Can't get pics to work today for some reason sorry
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6153
    Just after I posted a Suhr thread where lots of people preferred TAs... Hmm...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6061
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    goldtop said:
    I've never owned a Suhr but when I bought this in GuitarGuitar they had an almost exact same spec Suhr, same trans red flame top and everything.  Obviously I chose the TA but the Suhr was a great guitar too. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28207
    That Trussart is droolworthy. GLWTS. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6153
    damm73 said:
    goldtop said:
    I've never owned a Suhr but when I bought this in GuitarGuitar they had an almost exact same spec Suhr, same trans red flame top and everything.  Obviously I chose the TA but the Suhr was a great guitar too. 
    Man, I'd be on a train/plane/automobile right now. But it seems for Lewis, I'd need a combination of all three and a couple of spare days. :( I don't trust courier insurance, unfortunately.

Found your previous photo set: https://photos.app.goo.gl/wMsbmvBzZ7uzMWvy7
    goldtop said:
    damm73 said:
    goldtop said:
    Man, I'd be on a train/plane/automobile right now. But it seems for Lewis, I'd need a combination of all three and a couple of spare days. :( I don't trust courier insurance, unfortunately.

You'd probably have to allow an EXTRA couple of spare days with all the travel disruption we get at this time year too! 

Thanks for unearthing the other photos - had forgotten about them!
  • thetomskthetomsk Frets: 98
    goldtop said:
    damm73 said:
    goldtop said:

Solid shout re the insurance. Most only cover for loss(read staff theft) but are happy to sell you it even if you ask probing questions about damage...swines

Love TA's and suhrs. Got a few suhrs but not got a ta in the stable...need to remedy that at some point if I win the lottery
  • I’ve had one Anderson, one USA Tyler, one Japanese Tyler and 4 Suhrs. Still have two of the Suhrs. All time number one is a relatively humble Classic Antique. But… the Anderson was stupid good - just a bit modern in spec for my preference. I suspect that one in a more typical HSS Strat format would be unstoppable. 
    But again, if a HDTC with hot pickups fits your needs - it will be absolutely top tier. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AirmilesAirmiles Frets: 41
    My sister-in-law is  in Vatisker.... but I'm sure she would squeal... ;)
    GLWS 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    edited January 4
    I’ve had one Anderson, one USA Tyler, one Japanese Tyler and 4 Suhrs. Still have two of the Suhrs. All time number one is a relatively humble Classic Antique. But… the Anderson was stupid good - just a bit modern in spec for my preference. I suspect that one in a more typical HSS Strat format would be unstoppable. 
    But again, if a HDTC with hot pickups fits your needs - it will be absolutely top tier. 
    The Raven is a great guitar too.

I have this- it is a Raven Shorty, so 24 3/4" scale, P90 style pickup at the neck, HC2 in the bridge, 2 cut switches and a vintage trem.

It can do pretty much everything I need it to, stays in tune and looks cool.

https://i.imgur.com/cgQmbky.jpg
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    Sorry, I thought this was a discussion thread, not a FS.
    Didn't mean to threadjack.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5165
    I’d just like to add that I’ve just bought a guitar from the OP @damm73, and the comms and personal touch was absolutely outstanding, and very much appreciated. 
    bump
    bump
    bump
    bump