Bogner Uber Ultra?? ..

What's Hot
CatthanCatthan Frets: 370
I don't post about amps bc my tastes are 20yrs behind most members' here but.. 

There's one of them, a 101b and a Helios Eclipse for sale currently in the UK for around the same dosh and I'm not sure if I need to modernise and revamp my Bogner tastes or stick to the basics.. I'll buy something, inevitably, bc I'm addictive, impulsive and prone to bad choices when it comes to big amps and keen to check the forum's reactions. 

Until recently, I thought of the Ubers as Bogners response to Mesa's rectos and always went for the latter but this one's got me thinking even though the amount of gain and it's modern low end voice is of little use to me. 

Anyone tried one?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33958
    I haven't tried the Ultra but I've played a bunch of different Bogners.
    Reinhold is a crazy dude and does things his own way- I mean what company doesn't have a functioning website in 2024?

There is an Ultra on Reverb right now:

https://reverb.com/uk/item/77708206-bogner-uberschall-ultra-el34
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • spirit7spirit7 Frets: 345
    I have a 20th XTC, XTC 3534 and a Helios 50.  My eye is firmly on the Ultra, though I'd have to move a Friedman BE100 DLX to get it.  Thoughts?!
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 370
    spirit7 said:
    I have a 20th XTC, XTC 3534 and a Helios 50.  My eye is firmly on the Ultra, though I'd have to move a Friedman BE100 DLX to get it.  Thoughts?!
    i don’t know what the BE100dlx does that you don’t have covered or that’s so unique (based on my experience of the BE50dlx) but if you like those sounds i think you should sell the BE and get the ultra
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1052
    That sounds amazing, I really dont need another 100 watt head, but I'm tempted... :)
    the one on reverb seems like a good deal. not affiliated
  • InactiveXInactiveX Frets: 295
    I thought this was going to be about West Sussex hooligans.
    Don’t follow influencers
    Watch the parking meters
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    there’s a new XTC too, the Pandora.
    but at £4.7K?? howay.. 

• MarchMarch Frets: 287
    Catthan said:
    there’s a new XTC too, the Pandora.
    but at £4.7K?? howay.. 

I’ve just ordered a Pandora, it’ll go nicely with my 101B, 50w Helios, 20th Anniversary Shiva, Duende and Atma. I think I may have a thing for Bogner amps!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    Decent price for the one on Reverb.

I’ve got an Uber Ultra and it’s just awesome!  Think I’ve posted before but it’s just got such a great range of sounds for what’s meant to be a super high gain amp. All the switching options and dual masters make it quite practical for gigging as well.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spirit7spirit7 Frets: 345
    @March - we’re clearly kindred spirits, as I’m currently sporting a 20th Anniversary XTC, Helios 50 and XTC 3534.  And contemplating parting with my Friedman BE100 DLX to get a Pandora.  They’re the best!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom