SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

TRADED 2016 Gibson LP Traditional trade for quality acoustic or £1400

What's Hot
WoodandwiresWoodandwires Frets: 222
edited February 9 in Guitars £
For sale/ trade as above a great condition example of a classic looking 2016 Les Paul Tradinional I got this in a trade, so I am looking at forum members to give me an idea on we’re to value it at. Comes with a non original black Gator case and some case candy. Lovely fifties chunky neck and quite heavy, sorry the scales to weigh this are in the pre house move lock up, but I will look to bring them back over the weekend. trade value £1700 trade/PX for aquality acoustic Martin, Guild etc. Case pictured further down the listing on different LP. 

SOLD Les Paul Traditional this time a 2009 in honeyburst, fabulous looking and sounding, a couple of pin head size marks on the headstock and some finish worming on the back but very minimal. 

Other photos to follow.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rlwrlw Frets: 4776
    Edit the pictures using whatever you're viewing them with.  Just downsize them to about 1Mb and you will be fine.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8852
    Moved to Guitar because it’s not a For Sale advert.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • InactiveXInactiveX Frets: 295
    I could stretch to fifty quid.
    Don’t follow influencers
    Watch the parking meters
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2477
    I'd have thought that's an easy £1400 - £1600. Kind of hard to find sold listings for the exact same model, given the yearly revisions and then the T/HP split in 2016 on the whole model range.

There are a few on eBay/Reverb north of 2k, but they've been sat for a while and won't go any time soon at that price, either. A 2016 Traditional HP sold for £1400 on eBay and Reverb sold listings seem to range from £1300 to £1800, with a current price estimate of £1068 to £1571.

Reverb sold listings
    Reverb price guide
    Tim
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    I paid £1500 for a near mint  2017  about 2 1/2 years ago
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 778
    I owned one of these a good few years ago. I put nickel covers over the zebra pickups, which I think we're 57 classics from memory.

Good spec Les paul with the traditional and a 50's neck. 
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3860
    Roland said:
    Moved to Guitar because it’s not a For Sale advert.
    Seems an odd one - in fact, never seen a mod move a trade offer here (I had/have one in there that is FT).  Especially as some likely only scour the classifieds.
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10426

No idea of value, just came here to say, that's a lovely looking Les Paul. Love a nice plain top.

If I hadn't just bought my Standard I'd have been VERY interested in obtaining that.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7222
    I bought a lovely traditional second hand from a big store for £1249 a few years ago, before prices went nuts.

I saw one that looks very much like yours (maybe a different year) not long ago, second hand in Richtone and they had it priced at £1499 I think.
    There was another very similar on ebay some weeks back, and I think he was pricing at £1399.

Traditionals are great guitars and you used to be able to snag one at a good price fairly easily. Now, although they still come up, they're not popping up for sale quite as often as they did and I wonder if people are holding onto them as they are usually great examples of (full fat?) LP's that are no longer in production.

As for me I didn't really get along with the bigger neck and eventually it made way for a LP standard with a slim 60s neck; although a little part of me wishes I'd kept it.

Yours is very nice.

Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • WoodandwiresWoodandwires Frets: 222
    I also found it odd that it was moved by the mods, but I am not going to question the decision. So now having gained an indication from fellow forum members on an indicative price. If I put FS before the FT and a trade value does go back into the classifieds? Many thanks for all who have responded, except perhaps the cheeky £50 offer!
  • Price reduced bump
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4776
    How would you describe the overall condition?
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    edited January 24
    Overall condition on the Les Paul plaintop is great, some very minor “worming” type marks on the back, no discernible marks on the front, sides, neck or headstock. I can email more photos if required. Trade option added
    edited January 24
    More guitars added
  • Trade option added and more guitars added
    edited January 30
    More photos of the honeyburst Les Paul

Honeyburst sold
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump some interesting offers elsewhere but nothing floating my boat yet, happy to trade multiple guitars etc for the right guitar
    edited January 30
    Acoustic or Telecaster trade options added
  • Bump
    edited February 8
    Honeyburst sold, fantastic 2016 lemonburst left, trade/PX for acoustic.